Oh no - another festival right after the election!

Wickedfaerie

• Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

At least we're not going to be surprised when the baddies win this time.

I fear there may be shell shock from the scale of the win though.  But either way I will be out campaigning

11 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

It'll be weeks later.  Fuck it.

Absolutely. 

Last year was a completely different kettle of fish because of Jo Cox's murder and Brexit. This is just the Tories shoring up their power in a country that they already run. Plus ca change. 

As Stu says, fuck it. 

If anyone is looking for endless politcal debate (I know you all are, don't kid yourselves), then head over to the General News thread in the discussions area.

If I knew how to quote a whole thread I would, but I don't. (any help on this would be nice)

56 minutes ago, Wickedfaerie said:

Cue lots of political rants in the cabaret tent! I don't mind a bit of political debate every now and then, but after last year, it would've been nice to have had a break from it!

Unfortunately not everyone lives as fortunate a life as you, so as hard as it is for you to listen to these debates, a lot of people are greatly affected by their outcomes.

Anyone who works for the NHS, social services and on mental health will tell you the harm being done and what is in store if changes aren't made. 

Edited by Mr.Tease

1 hour ago, Room to sway said:

Hard to see the Labour party coming together in time, and will the anti-Corbyn voters come out in support of the party?

It's going to be the Tories again isn't it...

to be honest... even if they didn't and it all went to shit it would be a breaking point and trigger the changes needed in labour

just as big of a problem is the SNP... all they have done is take all the Labour votes in scotland and basically hand the election to the Tories. 

Either way it is 3 or 5 years of more being shafted.

The only hope there is, is the fact the Tories are fucking over the NHS, Schools and local government so much that people finally fucking wake up and vote against them.

Fuck it lets get smashed! 

Edited by Havors

1 hour ago, uscore said:

yeah, this really.  And it means the opposition might sort themselves for 2022, instead of 2025.

This is about the only positive I can see. 

Corbyn may have principles but hard to see him being elected. This might be the wake up call labour needs. 

Despite this I still can't see any circumstances that would have me voting tory. 

8 minutes ago, Havors said:

to be honest... even if they didn't and it all went to shit it would be a breaking point and trigger the changes needed in labour

just as big of a problem is the SNP... all they have done is take all the Labour votes in scotland and basically hand the election to the Tories. 

Either way it is 3 or 5 years of more being shafted. Fuck it lets get smashed! 

No, Scottish Labour by their own negligence became less and less of an option for their core vote which has switched the the SNP, Green and (in the case of unionists) the Scottish Conservatives. 

General Elections are not won and lost based on what Scotland decides to do. Labour is a shambles nationwide, there's no point burying your head in the sand and blaming it all on the SNP. 

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

6 minutes ago, Havors said:

Either way it is 3 or 5 years of more being shafted.

The only hope there is, is the fact the Tories are fucking over the NHS, Schools and local government so much that people finally fucking wake up and vote against them.

Fuck it lets get smashed! 

How are Labour not at breaking point already? I don't think losing this general election is going to change much (in terms of public opinion of Labour) but there again that's just how it seems to me.

Hopefully the Tories' mismanagement of public services should be enough to get people to vote against them but who knows? I think people will be more concerned with how they & their families are going to fare when we leave the EU.

But yeah we'll be getting smashed regardless ;)

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

No, Scottish Labour by their own negligence became less and less of an option for their core vote which has switched the the SNP, Green and (in the case of unionists) the Scottish Conservatives. 

General Elections are not won and lost based on what Scotland decides to do. Labour is a shambles nationwide, there's no point burying your head in the sand and blaming it all on the SNP. 

I never said its the cause, I said its just as much of a problem. It is a large number of votes.... Im not blaming the SNP im just saying that because of the SNP taking so many seats it makes it a hell of a lot easier for the Tories. Nobody is denying Labour fucked up completely but my point still stands. :)

Because everyone including me was absolutely gutted (rightfully so). The Brexit result and the Jo Cox killing. It was all horrible and to say it didn't have a negative impact on the festival would be a lie.

Regardless of the result, I'm hoping I can things can be more upbeat this year. 

5 minutes ago, russycarps said:

Aww, did it get a bit too much for your tiny brain?

I'm sorry, have I said something wrong? 

2 minutes ago, Fingerbobs said:

Hoping for more political chat this time. Always makes me feel energised by the passion on display at the festival and a nice reminder there's decent folk out there still. 

Yep, an important part of the festival for me