Block 9

fatyeti24

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, GT3 said:

I would head for the glade area of the festival, not announced yet but I'm assuming Sasha & Digweed will be playing there, Dave Seaman & Nick Warren are usually there, Henry Saiz was great last year, would love to see Hernan Cattaneo play the glade again too. Check some of these DJ's out as I'm guessing this is the sort of sound you are after rather than the camp disco vibe in NYC :)

thanks mate, another area ive not properly done yet!

On 20/04/2017 at 10:53 AM, stuartbert two hats said:

If we're talking musicianship from live electronica, I've yet to see better than these:

It's Beardyman, better known as a beatboxer, but has become a fully fledged electronic improviser now.  Some great keyboard work, as well and singing and some beatboxing.  Not a sequencer to be seen, it really is quite extraordinary what he's able to achieve here.  If you've ever tried to make electronic music yourself, you'll know what I mean!

Apologies. I've been meaning to reply to this for ages. Been busy.

Now, that's more like it. Thanks for posting.

Personally I am looking forward to Steve Hillage on the Thursday. A pioneer of synthy type things and a hugely massively underrated guitarist to boot. 

2 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Apologies. I've been meaning to reply to this for ages. Been busy.

Now, that's more like it. Thanks for posting.

Personally I am looking forward to Steve Hillage on the Thursday. A pioneer of synthy type things and a hugely massively underrated guitarist to boot. 

At last! I thought nobody else got it.  The man's a fucking genius. Never mind the beatboxing, get this act down to the farm!

13 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

At last! I thought nobody else got it.  The man's a fucking genius. Never mind the beatboxing, get this act down to the farm!

I'm guessing you're talking Beatboxer, but seriously, Steve Hillage is such an underrated pioneer. I was really surprised when he wasn't at the festival one year after being as regular as it gets. I was expecting to see System (Edit: Rovo) 7 on the Silver Hayes list given the early confirmed Thursday thing.

Edited by MrZigster

16 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

I'm guessing you're talking Beatboxer, but seriously, Steve Hillage is such an underrated pioneer. I was really surprised when he wasn't at the festival one year after being as regular as it gets. I was expecting to see System (Edit: Rovo) 7 on the Silver Hayes list given the early confirmed Thursday thing.

Is Beatboxing the name of an artist? I'm talking about beatboxing, where Beardyman made his name:

He used to loop just stuff from his mouth

And before that, just normal beatboxing

Edit: on the first video, he gets a really wicked groove going, but fucks it up by showing off all the sonic tricks he can do. The newer stuff is much more about the songs rather than demonstrating technique.

Hillage is cool, agreed.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

Is Beatboxing the name of an artist? I'm talking about beatboxing, where Beardyman made his name:

He used to loop just stuff from his mouth

Marcus Brigstock. Cabaret Tent. Can beatbox from his mouth every year.  

Right. So Beardyman is the name of a beatboxer. Got it. Sorry. Misunderstood you. Crossed wires somewhere maybe? Often a problem when trying to connect wires.

Anyway. Oh no? Steve Hillage!:

2 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Marcus Brigstock. Cabaret Tent. Can beatbox from his mouth every year.  

Right. So Beardyman is the name of a beatboxer. Got it. Sorry. Misunderstood you. Crossed wires somewhere maybe? Often a problem when trying to connect wires.

Anyway. Oh no? Steve Hillage!:

Late night typos don't help either. I meant to say "Is Beatboxing the name of an artist" anyway, we're on track now Beardyman used to be a beatboxing, but has developed into something better.