Taking my son for the day

Richwit34

I'm planing taking my 10 year old son to download for the day , either the Friday or Saturday as I imagine the Sunday will be the busiest day and longest to get in and out ? 

How far away is parking for a day ticket from the  entrance ?

what will traffic be like getting out at end of night , will  we be stuck for hours ?

Any  ideas so my son could see Stage a bit better in big crowds  other than putting him on my shoulders ?

any other info would be gladly appreciated 

thanks 

Think they've changed a lot of the infrastructure around the roads and parking this year, so hard to tell. They've changed it to improve it though so hopefully not that bad  

Have you been before? Would say as long as you're not super close it will be fairly easy to see if you're a bit further back and not proper up close behind people. There's screens too which helps you see even if you're not that tall. They've even got rid of the titty cam in recent years so much more kiddy friendly, although I know I would've been loving the titty cam at 10 in fairness. 

I've not been to Download but have been to other festivals , I get it's going to be busy , muddy etc I'm really after logistics of how long it will take to walk from car park to entrance and getting out on a night etc .

Is there barriers every so often in main stage area , was thinking standing at the back of the front section right in front of next set of barriers ? 

Haha I'm sure my son would of enjoyed the titty cam!