Car Parking Pass

AbiC

Another parking related question from me... 

So, if you buy a parking pass in advance, does it allocate a parking area for you? I wouldn't want to get one in advance if it allocates a space on the wrong side (west) when I need to park on the east. 

Thanks in Advance 

Nope, it's a generic parking pass for all parking fields - you don't get to choose where you park (other than east or west side) it depends entirely on what fields they're filling up when you drive in. Expect to be bloody miles away from the gates, and at best you'll be mildly chuffed! 

Edited by balti-pie

You can slightly determine the side of the festival in which you will be parked by considering the route you take to the festival.

If you appraoch from the north you will be directed to the car park fields at that side, if you approach from the south you will get directed to the car parks on the south eg East car parks which service PG3 etc. we travel from the north and deliberately go further down the M5 so that we approach from the south. you will be directed to the car park that they are currently filling which ever side you arrive at and it may be near or far from the pedestrian gates, it is all pot luck at that point.

I have just checked the website but can't see any info on how you buy a car park pass after having already paid your balance. It seems to be simple for worthy view but not for a normal one. I now need one as I might now be travelling down at a different time to the main group. Anyone know how to do this?

42 minutes ago, saintfletch said:

I have just checked the website but can't see any info on how you buy a car park pass after having already paid your balance. It seems to be simple for worthy view but not for a normal one. I now need one as I might now be travelling down at a different time to the main group. Anyone know how to do this?

You might as well pay on the gate. They will be an extra £5 but if you order one online, they will charge you another £.7.50

According to the FAQ on the general admission resale this sunday

"Car park tickets will be available during the general admission resale on Sunday 23rd April."

I expect they wont sell out like the general admission tickets, but it would have reduced the website traffic on seetickets on sunday morning to offer them for sale now as they are still selling worthy view and their car park tickets.

in the past it was possible to buy them on arrival but i suspect they stopped doing that a long time ago.

I hope you manage to secure one, good luck.

Is it possible to buy car parking passes on the gate? Me and my friends got our tickets today in the resale, I was the lucky one to get through and we hadn't even discussed car parking beforehand, so I just bought the tickets asap - now turns out two of our group are able to drive. Otherwise, Leesa, I can take yours off your hands if it's transferable?