A Walk in the sun on the farm

guypjfreak

On 13/04/2017 at 3:10 PM, alc1 said:

We parked in the village in the car park by the working men's club and took the footpath past the tithe barn. 

Cheers for that, done the same today, had a beaut walk. It's amazing to see it out of festival season. Tried to add photos. But can't. I try from my computer at home on Monday. But now, it is cider time in Glastonbury village. :-)

Drove down to the festival site yesterday with @Dillyblue and had a walk around the site in the sunshine!

Entered via Mary's Gate and walked down from the top of the Pyramid Field, to William's Green, then up to the Glade, then onto the Stone Circle, saying a quick hello to the friendly dragon in the stream. Screengrabbed a pic of ourselves on the GlastoCam which was great!

Not much was going on in terms of obviously developing the festival we thought - the Pyramid was fenced off with work having been started behind it, plus the odd thing having been delivered (the LeftField Tower sitting waiting for assembly for instance). I did get a sense that this was calm before the storm before they start building properly.

Few other people were walking or driving around, and it was smiles and waving all around. Great afternoon after a very nice nice roast beef and pint of scrumpy in the George & Pilgrim in Glastonbury town earlier!

IMG_8317.JPG

IMG_2670.JPG

IMG_3521.JPG

IMG_5381.JPG

IMG_0557.JPG

IMG_0578.JPG

IMG_2049.JPG

IMG_3561.JPG

IMG_8748.JPG

Was a lovely peaceful afternoon but surprisingly very blowy. Workers/locals children were playing on the Greenpeace ship which was lovely to see! Several vans and cars were parked on the railway line by the Glade bar so a party going on I think!

There was a group of small tents which we thought in Green Futures and folk were building a wooden small garden so will look out for that in June!

The grass is growing very well and several inches long with dandelions and clover mixed in!

Was quite a profitable afternoon too as we found coins in 3 separate places...who missed those!!! Xx

20 minutes ago, swede said:

Great photos - is the site easily accessible when the festival isn't on.

Were having a camping holiday near by in August and plan to take the kids up to the tor one day and round the farm one of the other days 

Hubby and I have visited after the festival, September I think, but worth emailing the office possibly to make sure everything is cleared away. You will love it!! Xx

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Great pictures old son.. Must be last ones till after festival now.. 

Hello dude, how did you upload your photos? Tells me they're too big. But saw you done yours on a link. Cheers 

1 hour ago, Perks said:

Hello dude, how did you upload your photos? Tells me they're too big. But saw you done yours on a link. Cheers 

Yea I had same thing.. 

Ok so the wife uploaded them to the Google photo bit then made it a shared folder then I took the URL and posted the URL link address to here. 

And it took a lot longer than it took to tell you lol 

Hope this helps old son. Look forward to seeing pics. G

Young lady soz just saw it lol 

Edited by guypjfreak

• 3 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, DareToDibble said:

I just posted these in another thread but wasn't sure if many would see them as it's actually a thread asking for advice on where to park etc. Took a trip today myself and got some pictures for you all! 

IMG_4207.JPG

IMG_4190.JPG

IMG_4192.JPG

IMG_4195.JPG

IMG_4196.JPG

IMG_4198.JPG

IMG_4199.JPG

IMG_4200.JPG

IMG_4205.JPG

IMG_4206.JPG

IMG_4208.JPG

IMG_4211.JPG

IMG_4215.JPG

IMG_4217.JPG

IMG_4220.JPG

IMG_4225.JPG

The stage has got her coat on...... 

• 2 weeks later...
On 07/05/2017 at 9:12 PM, DareToDibble said:

IMG_4190.JPG

Why is it that, despite other great pictures, that it is this one that makes me want to be at the festival NOW! (I do have a perfectly functioning toilet at home, in case you were wondering)