Festival "fashion" - what's your take on the concept?

OneLittleFish

What's your take on "festival fashion"?  

278 members have voted

1. 1. What importance does festival fashion have to you?

• It's really important that I'm looking good or fashionable at a festival. It's a social event and I went to look my best
    • I want to look decent but wouldn't go overboard with what I'm wearing
    • It doesn't hold that much importance to me but I still put thought into how I appear at a festival
    • I don't care at all, I take old clothes and whatever is on the tent floor first I put on
    • I'm a member of the Wurzels

41 minutes ago, rosssss224 said:
  • Bring 5 t-shirts
  • Wear 1 Wed-Sunday
  • Use other 4 as pillow
  • Change into cleanest on way home

Worked 4 years straight 

This, 100%

I wear the same old shit I wear in the real world, t-shirts worn to holes, combat shorts with safety pins replacing long since lost button and a hoodie in the evening.  The only item of clothing I buy new for a festival is a pack of primark socks, as you can't beat the feeling of fresh new socks on tired feet each morning.

14 minutes ago, fatyeti24 said:

As a gentleman I endeavour to look my best at all times and attending a festival is no excuse for being under attired. 

imperial-leisure.png

Clean shaven for the festival then! Pics on FB at the end of June please!

I guess I like to wear some" different " clothes from the usual , its a bit of an opportunity for me not to be the shelf stacker at the local supermarket ... I find the way I dress makes it easier for people to chat to me( not that its a place where people don't talk)!!  sometimes I don't find it easy in normal life but within the fence the pressures of life seem to release and I can be a bit more me !! and I find the clothes I wear ease this process 

I where the shitest clothes I have. At 42 I don't give a toss lol. I have a laugh don't care what I'm wearing

Did suit up one year for a laugh in a group. Can understand people wanting to dress good unless just for press opportunity

The idea of "festival fashion' like that coachella video is horrible - theres always a few girls that turn up to the queue on Wednesday morning with their hair curlers still in. 

However, I do like to buy a couple of kimono type jobs before going as they are cool in the heat and come in pretty designs - usually pair with leggings for comfort.

However, when I see chic/earth wind and fire/jacksons...all the sequins and glitter are coming out. 

I look remarkably similar at Glastonbury as I do when I'm gardening. Boots/wellies, the same cammo cargo shorts I've had for about 5 years, band shirts, frayed grey cap I bought in Australia 15 years ago, grey hoody I've had for about 10 years when it gets chilly in the evening.

Love others who put in the effort @crazyfool1 and @lucyginger for example, but there's something about the 'saw it in a magazine' look that just seems bland. But hey, I'm old and grouchy so what do I know? But then I've been old and grouchy for years and I'm only 36!

@Spindles - seriously, after the bag discussion and now this I really think I might be your evil clone or something. We should catch up and drink stuff.

2 minutes ago, naughtygeorgie said:

I think you've missed a whole option out of the voting the "it's important to me what I wear, for me, regardless of fashion"

That's what thought at first, since that's my position, but on second reading, I'd say "It doesn't hold that much importance to me but I still put thought into how I appear at a festival" is pretty close.

Standard nerd uniform of band t-shirt + jeans/shorts for me, hoodie if it's cold. Meticulous planning of band t-shirt is paramount, as @bennyhana22 will attest to. Usually I like to wear across the weekend 1 x Los Campesinos! t-shirt (different one each year), 1 x Taylor Swift t-shirt, and the rest is open. I like to get bonus points for wearing a t-shirt related to a band playing the day I wear it (wearing the t-shirt of the band you're watching ist verboten in most cases). Would like to do fancy dress but I take the coach so never have the space. Back in Leeds festival days I did do some pretty sweet costuming for the last day; robot for LCD Soundsystem in 2010 and Wayne's World for At The Drive-In in 2012 - I was Garth.

1 hour ago, Quark said:

I look remarkably similar at Glastonbury as I do when I'm gardening. Boots/wellies, the same cammo cargo shorts I've had for about 5 years, band shirts, frayed grey cap I bought in Australia 15 years ago, grey hoody I've had for about 10 years when it gets chilly in the evening.

Love others who put in the effort @crazyfool1 and @lucyginger for example, but there's something about the 'saw it in a magazine' look that just seems bland. But hey, I'm old and grouchy so what do I know? But then I've been old and grouchy for years and I'm only 36!

@Spindles - seriously, after the bag discussion and now this I really think I might be your evil clone or something. We should catch up and drink stuff.

Speaking of effort, last year I made a furry purple and pink jacket to wear. This year I am planning on making sparkly things to go with it! However, I don't mind if they get muddy/broken or anything like that. I am definitely not precious about any of it, you take what you don't mind getting wrecked! That includes your brain :) 

I will once again be wearing my old faithful  travelling hat, missus hates it but I've had it longer than her so tough titties :lol:

As an aside, last year I wore fresh sports socks on the Sunday. They came up over my muddy boots, and were white, pristine, blindingly white... got a few comments from amazed strangers considering all the mud.