place to stay nearby

diekatze

thinking about going for the first time this year. what a lineup!
since we're coming from far away and plan on adding some more holidays right after, camping and bringing a tent isn't really what we want...

has anyone tips for nearby b'n'b options? what i found on airbnb, booking.com and the like is all already sold out or too expensive.

any tip is appreciated.

Langton Arms in Tarrant Monkton? That's 7 miles apparently so maybe still too far. Or the Talbot in Irwene Minster, but having checked its about the same distance, as is the Anvil in Pimperne.

Can't think of anywhere nearer off the top of my head (got married around there!)

I'd echo the suggestion to stay in Tangerine Fields. I do it each year because I have to fly and don't want to transport a tent. It's cheaper than a B'n'B and you can pop back for a jumper if it starts getting cold, and you don't have to navigate suddenly busy dark country lanes. 

22 hours ago, Declan said:

I'd echo the suggestion to stay in Tangerine Fields. I do it each year because I have to fly and don't want to transport a tent. It's cheaper than a B'n'B and you can pop back for a jumper if it starts getting cold, and you don't have to navigate suddenly busy dark country lanes. 

i have seen that option but although my english is good, i don't fully understand. if you buy this, do you come without a tent and they give you one at the entrance? and is it in an area with seperate showers and toilets (cause thats how i read the description on the eotr page). if so, is that far from the stages?

thank you all for your suggestions.

Hey diekatze. :)

If i was you, Tangerine Fields sounds ideal. There isnt, unfortunately, seperate showers or toilets. BUT....they pre-erect your tent. So, after a long journey, you dont have the hassle of trying to put up a tent. Just dump your bags and crack a can open. Also, to cut down on luggage, you could ALSO pay them to provide you with air matress, sleeping bags, torches, poncho's and more....

Im not sure exactly where Tangerine Fields are. But, as the festival site is really small, you would be no more than a 10 minute walk to a stage and a beer.

Hope this helps. Come!! :)

Edited by retromoz

You arrive, enter the site go to the Tangerine Fields. There's a reception bright orange gazebo. They'll direct you to your tent which will already be up and have an inflated airbed inside (and sleeping bags) if you've booked it. 

You really can (and I have in the past) arrive, thrown your luggage inside and head off to see the bands, inside a few minutes. It's about 10 minute walk to the main arena. 

There are communal showers and toilets for all the boutique campers, but these are separate from the general camping so generally are less busy and cleaner. There's also a "pamper lounge" in the field where you can use hair dryers and charge phones. 

Edited by Declan
grammar

My fiancée and I have opted for Tangerine Fields this year....just the cheapest tent and and mattress but I thought the price seamed quite reasonable for the hassle of putting up a tent, having to carry all the equipment from the car, having to put it back down Monday etc.

We usually camp a couple of minutes walk from the arena entrance, but I'm guessing being a bit further away will only add on a couple of minutes more as it's quite small anyway.

If it goes well I would imagine we'll do it every year from now on.

• 1 month later...

We've stayed with Honeybell since a dramatic cardiac event a couple of years ago

pros: the tents are ace, really spacious, the honeybell dudes look like bruisers but are really cool, good guys, charging points, but a cheap power pack is a better option as the charging tent gets full and there are some cheeky rascals about,l, nice bogs, piss corner for the chaps, showers, little stall for coffee, brekkie

Cons; Long walk to stages. Uphill all the way from car park/entrance