Festival Bags

JoBalls

By the sound of things there are no bags at all this year. First of all the cotton bags are conspicuous by their absence on the list of things included in the ticket price, and secondly the manufacturers have confirmed they haven't been approached to make any.

Edit: It's always possible someone could step in to sponsor them, but it's cutting things mighty fine.

Edited by musky

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In answer to the OP's original question (late to the party, I know) - I go for a small cross-body bag for money/phone/makeup/bog roll and have a very handy large flask that clips onto the strap, usually containing about 50/50 vodka and diet coke. Works for me! :)

I've been testing this lovely out. Just big enough for scarf, shades, hip flask, pockets for vape and phone. Sits flat so not antisocial. 

Past few years had a bigger bags. Space that needs to be filled. Sick of lugging all day. Lock ups and practical new bag. (With mates rates 40% discount) 

http://www.fatface.com/bags+purses/alice-double-zip-leather-cross-body-bag/invt/924624#ff_colour=Chestnut

• 1 month later...

I've only today realised I don't have a day bag! I don't know what's happened to it but I need a new one. I don't have time to order online, so does anyone have any tips of decent retail stores to pick one up at? I'm over in Frome but could get to Bath. Help! 

They did tweet that a non-sponsored Galstonbury bag will be available on site for £4, if that would cut the mustard for you then you're all set. That aside, there is a Halfords in Frome - Halfords have a small selection of camping gear (at least, my local one in Wigan does). There is also an Argos, Argos sell everything - might not be the best but it'll be there and it'll be cheapish

You should be able to "Click and Collect" at Argos, here's a link for some bags (you can check availability online)

http://www.argos.co.uk/search/rucksack/category:33012296/brands:regatta/price:£10-%2D-£15,£5-%2D-£10/

Edited by TheNewUnion
adding a link

If it's not too late, mrs moth and I found some £1.99 rucksacks in Decathlon when doing some last minute shopping. Made of thin nylon, they squash down to about the size of a roll on deoderant and fit in your pocket. Ideal for when you've expired your drinks and snacks for the day. Not sure how durable they are but we  thought they'd be worth experimenting with at that price (saves having to go fetch the Gaurdian for the free bag too).

https://www.decathlon.co.uk/backpack-ultra-comp-10l-gre-id_8357281.html

Edited by John the Moth
Found the link, remembered it was Quechua too, decent brand.

Mostly a female problem this?? I use my pockets for phone and money they are secure and I could feel anyone trying to dip.... I hope haha jeans type pockets are the best or zip pockets. Never use your back pockets that's asking for trouble.... like them silly teenage girls you see now with massive phones hanging out their ass pocket 

3 hours ago, Havors said:

Mostly a female problem this?? I use my pockets for phone and money they are secure and I could feel anyone trying to dip.... I hope haha jeans type pockets are the best or zip pockets. Never use your back pockets that's asking for trouble.... like them silly teenage girls you see now with massive phones hanging out their ass pocket 

Pretty much, pockets in women's clothes are rubbish!  I've got a few pairs of my partners jeans that I've nicked to turn into shorts/skirts and the pockets are amazing, you can actually fit things in them!!

Edited by verrymerry