Festival Bags

JoBalls

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guardian/Glasto cloth bag for booze, cross body bag for valuables. I got one from new look many moons ago that's the perfect size so I can fit phone purse portable charger loo roll sun cream waterproof etc in. I often find myself rummaging around looking for things in it despite the fact it looks tiny 

14 minutes ago, mr gumby said:

debit card left in lockups, so that in the event of theft, I can withdraw spare funds.

This is the most important thing. Well, that or very generous friends.

Even if you lose everything else, most problems can be resolved if you have access to cash.

2 minutes ago, Charm said:

I use a small cross the body bag with sequins for all my bits and the free bag for drinks.  
I haven't seen the Yeo Valley bag design competition this year, hope we are still getting one. 
Charm x

FIFY. 

Well upon the advice here I have ordered myself a "waist pack" (basically a bum bag but sits at waist height) to try out - I'd never even thought of using a bum bag before because my festival uniform is usually leggings and a floaty/loose dress so a bum bag around my hips would not work.

I might also invest in a foldable backpack too, if I can find one that looks like it will be comfy enough across the shoulders! 

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Does anyone remember the manbag/rucksack combo that was posted on here around this time last year? I remember I was strongly considering buying it but ultimately decided against it cause I wasn't working and was short on cash. If I can find it I might get one for this year.

Found it! 

http://www.nomadtravel.co.uk/p/11253/Sahara-Raider-II-Bag

I got one of these little folding backpacks last year: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultralight-Backpack-Resistant-Lightweight-Backpacking/dp/B00VWS8LO6?th=1

Great bit of kit.  The straps are nicely shaped and adjustable with that breathable mesh stuff on them to prevent sweaty rubbing and I've carried craploads in it without feeling sore or dug in to.  It's at least showerproof on its own and that could be boosted with a good spray.  The pouch it rolls into becomes a nice zipped inside pocket in the bag.  Handy as heck in normal life too. 

(I don't work for the company or owt, I just really love my wee bag! :D )

29 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

I got one of these little folding backpacks last year: https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ultralight-Backpack-Resistant-Lightweight-Backpacking/dp/B00VWS8LO6?th=1

Great bit of kit.  The straps are nicely shaped and adjustable with that breathable mesh stuff on them to prevent sweaty rubbing and I've carried craploads in it without feeling sore or dug in to.  It's at least showerproof on its own and that could be boosted with a good spray.  The pouch it rolls into becomes a nice zipped inside pocket in the bag.  Handy as heck in normal life too. 

Ooh thanks for the tip. My main concern with a foldable backpack was that the straps would be thin and dig in so this looks good!! 

I have a bumbag - red leather and I love it - fits purse, phone, handsanitiser, tissues and hipflask - foldable backpack for booze, sweatshirt etc, by the headliner I've probably drunk the booze, put on the sweatshirt and the backpack is folded and into bumbag with hipflask to see me through - sorted !

13 hours ago, JoBalls said:

What do you all people do, bag wise? Any tips?

Combat shorts with two large side pockets. Enough to carry 2 litres of wine. Wallet and phone in the main pockets.

tdy_klg_shorts_160803.today-inline-vid-f

I'm bagless these days. 

Although if I had to suggest a bag it would be one of the ones with that string that contracts when you put it on your back.

41GLFH1bs6L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Edited by The Nal

1 hour ago, JoBalls said:

Well upon the advice here I have ordered myself a "waist pack" (basically a bum bag but sits at waist height) to try out - I'd never even thought of using a bum bag before because my festival uniform is usually leggings and a floaty/loose dress so a bum bag around my hips would not work.

I might also invest in a foldable backpack too, if I can find one that looks like it will be comfy enough across the shoulders! 

Oooof where did you get this from please?? 

1 hour ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

How many cans can you fit in it?

Depends on your comfort level.  It's allegedly 20l and I'd guess it could take up to 8 plus a few wee bits filling in the gaps.  I had a bottle of wine, 4 cans and some munchies in it on the way back from Aldi recently anyway! The stitching is all decent quality so I'd say the arse is unlikely to fall out of it until it's been shamelessly abused for a good long while.

Edit:  In the interest of science I just conducted an experiment.  It can definitely fit and carry 5 full 1l squash bottles with more than ample room for lighter stuff like bog roll and cagoule on top. 

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

33 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Depends on your comfort level.  It's allegedly 20l and I'd guess it could take up to 8 plus a few wee bits filling in the gaps.  I had a bottle of wine, 4 cans and some munchies in it on the way back from Aldi recently anyway! The stitching is all decent quality so I'd say the arse is unlikely to fall out of it until it's been shamelessly abused for a good long while.

Edit:  In the interest of science I just conducted an experiment.  It can definitely fit and carry 5 full 1l squash bottles with more than ample room for lighter stuff like bog roll and cagoule on top. 

Ace. Thanks very much. Sold.