The First Poster - 1 week on

SwedgeAntilles

It's been just over one week since the poster finally dropped (on the back of efests very own utterly manic "Black Wednesday") and it feels like we've all had time to digest it. 

While we wait for the big poster/stage splits I thought it would be worth gauging how we feel 7 days on. 

I was initially delighted and I have to say that feeling hasn't diminished as I've investigated acts and debated about who I'll see and who I'm likely to miss.

On poster day I mentioned that there was already around 20 acts I was keen on - the same amount of acts I was looking forward to when I arrived on the farm last year - so it was already looking promising. I'm now up to 30 acts which means lots of potential clashes, but hopefully plenty to keep me busy over the weekend:

Absolutely Must See:
Radiohead. The National. The Avalanches.

Definitely Want To See/Will Cause Clash Headache:
The xx. Royal Blood. Chic. Solange. First Aid Kit. Run the Jewels. Justice. Haim. Angel Olsen. Lemon Twigs.

Would Ideally Like To See, More Likely To be Victim of Clashes:
Laura Marling. Toots. Father John Misty. Future Islands. Flaming Lips. Sleaford Mods. George Ezra. Circa Waves. Temples.

Would Check Out if Free/In Area:
Foos. Barry Gibb. Lorde. Anderson Paak. Sampha. Ride. Moonlandingz. All We Are. Loyle Carner. Girl Ray

Given we've still got the big poster to come it really is a bit of a dream line up for me. What's your thoughts? 

Happier than you were on poster day? 

Has disappointment that your favourite act hasn't appeared taken over? 

Are you still just thinking about where The National are going to play? 

Are you still bitter about Neil's mug tweet? 

*cue the next announcement and this thread being buried in the aftermath*

Edited by SwedgeAntilles

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remain perfectly happy with the state of affairs!  I've still got nothing on there that I'd crawl over broken glass to see, but there's loads I would like to see. I've not really been paying much attention to the who's playing where and when, so that's not massively worrying me thus far.

Absolutely Must See:
None!

Radiohead, Jutice, Toots, Goldfrapp, Songhoy Blues

Solange, The National, Katy Perry, The Jacksons, First Aid Kit, Ride, Thundercat, British Sea Power, London Grammar, Martha Wainwright, Mark Lanegan, Badbadnotgood, Run The Jewels

Foo Fighters, Barry Gibb, The XX, Sleaford Mods, Courteeners, DJ Shadow, Kris Kristofferson

I'm gonna nick your formatting @SwedgeAntilles Because I'm lazy.

Absolutely Must See:

Radiohead, Can, The xx, The Flaming Lips, Justice

Ride, Chic, Solange, Laura Marling, Toots and the Maytals, Sampha, BBK, The National, DJ Shadow, Lorde

Would Ideally Like To Say, More Likely To be Victim of Clashes:
Father John Misty, Run the Jewels (just because I've already seen them both!), Sleaford Mods, Frank Carter & The Rattlesnakes, Anderson Paak, Thundercat, Kano, Stormzy

Foo Fighters, Katy Perry, Royal Blood

Edited by Alex DeLarge

Absolutely must see: Radiohead

Definitely Want To See/Will Cause Clash Headache: The XX, Katy Perry, Barry Gibb, Solange, The Jacksons, Justice, BadBadNotGood, Thundercat, Future Islands, Moderat, The Avalaches, Shaggy.

Would Ideally Like To See, More Likely To be Victim of Clashes: Foo Fighters, The National, Royal Blood, Stormzy, Chic, Alt-J, BBK, Lorde, Run The Jewels, Pheonix, Anderson Paak, Haim, Flaming Lips, Metronomy, Kano, Goldfrapp, Wiley, Glass Animals, Sampha, DJ Shadow, London Grammar, Craig David.

Would Check Out if Free/In Area: Toots & the Maytals, Dizzee Rascal, Warpaint, Courteeners, Ride, Lemon Twigs, Nines, Circa Waves, Declan McKenna.

A lot of my 'would ideally like to see' section I've been lucky enough to see already or will be seeing this summer at other festivals anyway.

Plenty of headaches though, brilliant first poster.

i'm still a bit nonchalant and it's inexplicable really. there's a decent amount of stuff there that i'm interested in seeing but most of it is seemingly stacked towards the pyramid which i'm not a big fan of and don't usually like to spend a lot of time there. initial elation with radiohead has slowly turned into paranoia about a less than enthused crowd and me personally expecting more than will actually be delivered

still holding out for some more interesting undercard daytime acts and what surprises the SE corner has in store, but i reckon this G might become the one where i spend more time wandering about and chancing upon the unplanned than stuck waiting at any one stage for back2back acts. just as exciting!

If anything I'm more excited by what's on the proverbial undercard at the moment!  Just looking at the TBCs and SRs:

Bear's Den

Blake Bastion

Bonobo

Chainska Brassika

King Gizz

London Elektricity

Papaphone

Rodney Branigan

The Bloody Beetroots

The Ramona Flowers

United Vibrations

These would all be in the mix!

I'm pretty over the moon. Just waiting on the dance/Shangri La lineup now really

Absolutely Must See:
Radiohead, The National, Phoenix

The xx, Barry Gibb, Katy Perry, The Avalanches, Wild Beasts

Glass Animals, Ride, Moderat, Sasha & Digweed, Girl Ray

Noisia, Flaming Lips

Absolutely Must See:
Radiohead, The National, Katy Perry

The xx, Courteeners, Phoenix, Haim, Glass Animals, Future Islands, Wild Beasts, Father John Misty, Justice

Would Ideally Like To Say, More Likely To be Victim of Clashes:
alt-J, Foo Fighters, Lorde, Circa Waves, Metronomy, Run the Jewels, Songhoy Blues, London Grammar, Goldfrapp, Angel Olsen, Cinematic Orchestra, All We Are, Mark Lanegan, Moderat, Ride, Temples

Solange, The Avalanches, Blossoms, First Aid Kit, Julia Jacklin, Joe Goddard, Laura Marling, Birdy, British Sea Power, The Flaming Lips, Halsey, Little Dragon, Royal Blood, Warpaint

Strong year so far

Thinking about it, it would be a lot easier for me to list the acts that I have absolutely no intention of watching.  Far smaller number. 

7 minutes ago, liamium said:

i reckon this G might become the one where i spend more time wandering about and chancing upon the unplanned than stuck waiting at any one stage for back2back acts. just as exciting!

Still reckon that's the best way to do it personally, but I know @bennyhana22 will disagree with this concept! :lol:

I'm thoroughly looking forward to it :)

So far, must sees:

Toots & The Maytals

And then there's everyone else. He's not toured for a good few years, always puts on a great show, West Holts in 2010 was one of my all time favourite festival sets.  

Absolutely Must See:
Biffy Clyro, The National, Phoenix

Radiohead, Future Islands, Haim, Royal Blood, The XX, Circa Waves

Justice, Foos, The Avalanches, Alt-J, Metronomy, #rightbazza, Cinematic Orchestra, London Grammar, Katy Perry, Courteeners

Joe Goddard, Ed Sheeran, Laura Marling, Ride, Blossoms, Temples, Father John Misty, Angel Olsen, British Sea Power

Edited by reflekting

There's definitely a load of SRs TBCs who I'll be keen to see. Whitney and The Coral for example would jump pretty high into my lists. There's a strong chance there will end up being double the amount of acts I wanted to see last year 

Absolutely must see: 

Radiohead, The XX

Definitely Want To See/Will Cause Clash Headache: Run the Jewels, Stormzy, Chic, Justice, The Flaming Lips, The Moonlandingz, Shaggy

Would Ideally Like To See, More Likely To be Victim of Clashes: The National, Biffy, K-Pez, Lorde, Metronomy, Warpaint, Songhoy Blues, Moderat, Craig David, Royal Blood, Phoenix, Toots,

Would Check Out if Free/In Area: Kaiser Chiefs, Foos, Alt-J, Barry Gibb, The Jacksons, Wild Beasts

9 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Absolutely Must See:
Radiohead, The National, The Avalanches, BadBadNotGood, The Cinematic Orchestra, Mark Lanegan

That way of thinking will only lead to disappointment.  Fairly likely to be at least one clash in that lot.  I'm really keen on a lot of the line-up, but I've been faced with clash central so many times in the past, I'm not toploading mine.

Absolutely Must See:
Radiohead

The xx,  The Avalanches, Stormzy, Little Dragon, Future Islands, The Jacksons

Craig David, Moderat, Wild Beasts, Phoenix, Future Islands, Shaggy, Dizzee Rascal, Toots and the Maytals, Metronomy, Kris Kristofferson

Blossoms, Flaming Lips, Ride, Thundercat, Wiley, Barry Gibb, Boy Better Know, Major Lazer, Sleaford Mods, Kate Tempest, DJ Shadow, Justice, Lisa Hannigan, The Cinematic Orchestra, Alt-J, BadBadNotGood

And the obviously missing category

Will actively leave in any direction, on your own if neccessary, if in the area when they come on:
Ed Sheeran, 
Emeli Sandé, George Ezra, The Courteeners

So hard to choose between the 2nd and 3rd categories.  There really is a good quantity of bands I'd very happily watch a full set of on that poster.  And there's bound to be a delicious curveball or two in the full lineup to mess up my plans after that.

Absolutely Must See:
Radiohead, The National, The Avalanches.

Chic, Solange, Justice, Anderson .Paak, Flaming Lips, Metronomy, Thundercat, Little Dragon, Angel Olsen, Lemon Twigs, British Sea Power, All We Are.

Foo Fighters, Stormzy, RTJ, Phoenix, Sleaford Mods, Joe Goddard.

The xx, BBK, Barry Gibb, The Jacksons, Haim, Toots, Kate Tempest, The Can Project, Songhoy Blues, Wild Beasts, Moderat, Future Islands, Moonlandingz, Girl Ray, Temples, Boys Noize, Loyle Carner.

Just now, stuartbert two hats said:

That way of thinking will only lead to disappointment.  Fairly likely to be at least one clash in that lot.  I'm really keen on a lot of the line-up, but I've been faced with clash central so many times in the past, I'm not toploading mine.

Absolutely Must See:
Radiohead

The xx,  The Avalanches, Stormzy, Little Dragon, Future Islands, The Jacksons

Craig David, Moderat, Wild Beasts, Phoenix, Future Islands, Shaggy, Dizzee Rascal, Toots and the Maytals, Metronomy, Kris Kristofferson

Blossoms, Flaming Lips, Ride, Thundercat, Wiley, Barry Gibb, Boy Better Know, Major Lazer, Sleaford Mods, Kate Tempest, DJ Shadow, Justice, Lisa Hannigan, The Cinematic Orchestra, Alt-J, BadBadNotGood

And the obviously missing category

Will actively leave in any direction, on your own if neccessary, if in the area when they come on:
Ed Sheeran, 
Emeli Sandé, George Ezra, The Courteeners

So hard to choose between the 2nd and 3rd categories.  There really is a good quantity of bands I'd very happily watch a full set of on that poster.  And there's bound to be a delicious curveball or two in the full lineup to mess up my plans after that.

What's your favourite Craig David tune?

Absolutely must see: 

The National, Run The Jewels, Radiohead

Definitely Want To See/Will Cause Clash Headache

Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Father John Misty, Stormzy,

Not really that fussed about the rest