Drinks at which bars

guypjfreak

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On ‎06‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 10:04 AM, guypjfreak said:

I was looking for your personal and professional advice on which bars you personally got to and the drinks they have behind the bar. 

I know for instance that there are some small out of the way places that people go to and that's what I'm after.. 

Cheers. G

I know your back hurts Old son but your legs still work don't they, take a walk round and explore eh :):)

The bar towards the top of the T&C fileds on your right as you walk down hill has 7% ish belgium beer on tap that's quite nice.

8 hours ago, oneeye said:

Had some sort of herb in them ;)

That I'll give a miss then lol

Whisty old son my legs have stopped working as from yesterday.. Lol

Thanks for your worldly knowledge tho cos my heads not working either lol

On 07/04/2017 at 8:50 AM, ripcurl85 said:

Bloody Marys at the bar above the Park are a great cure for a hangover. Including large stick of celery for stirring.

Is that the venue right at the top of the hill? Not the Crow's Nest? The Crow's nest is the treehouse bar right? My memory is a bit hazy.

Edit- The one I'm thinking about is called Trickets Bar and has ales, cider, cocktails, and the best view of any bar

Edited by Arkady

On ‎08‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 9:16 PM, oneeye said:

The walk through wooded area, off the railway track,  before entering green futures I think, sells home made 'champagne'; chumley. The food there is excellent too btw.

i also picked up some 'energy' balls from some lady dressed as a peacock whilst there; Mrs oneeye had to have a lie down after taking one:lol:

Looking at that old overlay, your description sounds like permaculture drive on here...

http://www.wherever.me.uk/G2015/G2014overlay.jpg 

Image as posted on this thread...

Edited by clarkete

10 hours ago, Arkady said:

Is that the venue right at the top of the hill? Not the Crow's Nest? The Crow's nest is the treehouse bar right? My memory is a bit hazy.

Edit- The one I'm thinking about is called Trickets Bar and has ales, cider, cocktails, and the best view of any bar

The Crow's Nest is a little tipi style venue above the Park and near Trickets Bar. I think Trickets was new for last year. The Bloody Marys are available from a little hatch at the side of the tree house bar/café just as you start walking up the hill behind the Park.  

On 09/04/2017 at 1:11 PM, whisty said:

I know your back hurts Old son but your legs still work don't they, take a walk round and explore eh :):)

The bar towards the top of the T&C fileds on your right as you walk down hill has 7% ish belgium beer on tap that's quite nice.

Couldn't give you a up thing yesterday but have today.. Just for your cheek mind lol

Thanks everyone keep em coming 

Oh yea old son you forgot my shoulder... Keep up.. My body is falling apart but my heads still there... I think lol 

5 hours ago, musky said:

Doesn't the Bimble Inn do Guinness? I know it's said the Piano Bar is the only place that does it, but I'm sure I remember seeing it in there.

Apparently the Bimble Inn was serving Guiness last year;

The Bimble Inn is very pleased to announce that we will be serving Guinness at Glastonbury this year :-) ... Come... (link: http://fb.me/4mnkk40Vx) fb.me/4mnkk40Vx1:41 PM · Jun 17, 2016

16 hours ago, musky said:

Doesn't the Bimble Inn do Guinness? I know it's said the Piano Bar is the only place that does it, but I'm sure I remember seeing it in there.

Does Piano Bar still do Poitín, was available a few years ago? - no idea if it was off the shelf stuff or grandmother's bathtub either

On 06/04/2017 at 11:02 AM, PretentiousThinkpiece said:

the avalon inn has a wide range of beers but i can never remember what they are

otter beers maybe?

Otter Ales and scrumpy from a 5gallon plastic barrel, very strong and easy drinking:wacko:

14 hours ago, Yoghurt on a Stick said:

Apparently the Bimble Inn was serving Guiness last year;

The Bimble Inn is very pleased to announce that we will be serving Guinness at Glastonbury this year :-) ... Come... (link: http://fb.me/4mnkk40Vx) fb.me/4mnkk40Vx1:41 PM · Jun 17, 2016

Good to know, but I wasn't at the festival last year so it is entirely feasible that I did actually imagine it. :)

2 hours ago, p.pete said:

Does Piano Bar still do Poitín, was available a few years ago? - no idea if it was off the shelf stuff or grandmother's bathtub either

I've only actually been in there once and it was so rammed I gave up queuing for the bar. Can't imagine it'd be illicit though as MDC are pretty much on top of the bars nowadays.

Ale was about £4.50, the cold crap fizzy ciders and lagers about £4.80, proper cider about £4, brothers £4 I think - but 3 for a tenner. Theatre and circus bar had Grimbergen for £5, which is just shy of 6% and is bloody lovely. I recommend that (endlessly!) 

1 hour ago, balti-pie said:

Ale was about £4.50, the cold crap fizzy ciders and lagers about £4.80, proper cider about £4, brothers £4 I think - but 3 for a tenner. Theatre and circus bar had Grimbergen for £5, which is just shy of 6% and is bloody lovely. I recommend that (endlessly!) 

All sounds rather good!