Worst act you have seen at the festival

FuzzyDunlop

16 minutes ago, pauladam said:

I had a couple of cans in my back pack so was ok, what we weren't allowed was to leave the stage for a pee, well we could, but we wouldn't get back on!

as for how...member of the fan club, they do a meet and greet lottery thing for every gig they play...obviously they weren't announced till well after the last resale and how many Metallica fan club members go to Glastonbury? Not many is the answer! Meet and greet is normally about 20/30 folk, there were about 12 of us ...you apply to enter the lottery on the fan club site and get an email saying yay or nay and if yay, where to meet etc

went backstage and met the band which was cool, at the end when Lars (drummer) was leaving he said "see you guys on stage" and we were all like "wait...what", then all was explained, but they said there wasn't enough folk so could we go out and grab anyone we wanted who wanted to join us on stage!

anyway...I've hijacked this thread enough with this story

carry on...

That's so cool, quality. Bet you were buzzing. I got (well all of us there) got on stage at strummerville with the King Blues and it was like the coolest thing ever, cant even imagine how I'd be up on the pyramid.

Great story to tell that is dude. Well chuffed for you

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

13 hours ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I'm almost a little bit pissed off that one of my best friends that I hardly ever get to see is probably going to watch Radiohead with me. 

I can't normally fully trance out to the music when I have company.

Nope, absolutely get that.  Went to see Palace before Christmas, and caught up with a mate I haven't seen for ages.  He wanted to talk during the entire pissing gig...

A couple stand out for me - Shakin Stevens is definitely one. I've never stopped feeling sorry for the guy who brought along his home made green door (which had a painted pic of Shaky on one side with "Shaky rocks Glasto 08" gaubed on) and then the c**t doesn't play it. If memory serves, there were boos at the end.  And then there was Yoko Ono at The Park who screeched and caterwauled over the band's efforts and left with a creepy and mildly threatening "I love you..." as she left the stage. The most unlistenable live performance I've witnessed anywhere and completely melody-free  

Oh, and as a footnote, Smashing Pumpkins were really hard work. Zero interaction from Billy Corgan and the set was just tedious. 

I had the misfortune of seeing about 30 minutes of The 1975 at 2014 festival (before Dolly I think). They were that bad within 10 minutes (I'd told myself I would take it easy on the last day) I was drinking straight vodka and heading off to the longdrops to cram as much jimmy floyd snaffle-gack up my nose as possible.

Random quote from their floppy haired ball bag singer, "This next song... well... it's about fucking".

Interpol on the other stage in 2015 when all the timings went to pot after the thunderstorm - much dullness!

1975 on the Pyramid the only thing that would have made it better would have been if he'd fallen off the stage (which looked highly possible due to the state he was in). 

Thank god for earplugs, alcohol & drugs to get us through such horrors.

I'm quite expecting a couple of car-crash performances this year looking at the line up poster. 

Radiohead at the Park stage in 2011.  Managed to elbow our way vaguely within earshot of a speaker.  Stayed for 1.5 songs off utter dreary dirge and left that mass w*nk-in to find some fun.  Sadly ended up watching Mumfords trying their level best not to come last in a Coldplay tribute act competition. Then left before Bobby and the boys and went to stand in the pissing rain watching Bono the bellend going through the motions for a paycheck on the Pyramid.

Possibly my worst Friday night musically I've had at Glastonbury, made bearable by large quantities of blind mans hooch, and some good company.

Honorable mention to Kool and the Gang on the Sunday night, but only because QOTSA played a f'kin blinder on the other stage. For shame for shame.  :crying:

For me, probably James. I absolutely love James, and I was so excited for seeing them which probably made it so much worse, but I think it was where I was standing. 45 minutes of standing in irritating rain, then they get rid of the fences and open up the 'arena' (for want of a better term), and they finally come out, I can barely hear them, sound was far too trebley, just not a good experience. We were miles away to be fair but being soaked and pretty much glued to the floor in the mud we couldn't be arsed to move forward.

I'll make sure I see them again at some point as they're a really underrated band but that was probably the worst I've seen at Glasto :(

Edited by EamerRed

This year will be my first Glasto, however At Electric Picnic 2015 I popped in to see Yasiin Bey, who was in the middle of what seemed one of numerous rants about how he isn't Mos Def and won't perform Mos Def tracks etc. This wouldn't have put me off in itself if he didn't seem such an ass about it.

Promptly left. No regrets.

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

Interpol being suggested now?? Madness! No not Madness, they were good fun too.

I specifically skipped Madness on Saturday afternoon last year because I'd been unimpressed by them a few years prior. I caught them again in September - and whilst they've got a catalogue of stone cold classics, they just weren't very good.

12 minutes ago, Wanderlei said:

Gorillaz and Lightning Seeds. They probably stick out most because I do really like them and they just didn't live up to my expectations :-( Gorillaz just had a bad night but the Lightning Seeds looked like they just couldn't be arsed.

Lightning Seeds were very poor on the Pyramid but they headlined the Avalon that night and were fantastic.

I totally forgot N.E.R.D who were absolutely woeful in 2009. Arrived on about 30 mins late, decided to piss away what precious running time they had left by letting Pharrell talk complete bollocks between tracks. Eventually the peeps in charge cut off sound to all of their instruments. Pharrell then made a passionate request for everybody to "rush the stage" which was responded with total apathy. 

Was massively surprised he was allowed back a couple of years ago.

On 05/04/2017 at 9:35 AM, dj_tim said:

Jake Bugg, Pyramid 2013 - Actually enjoyed a few of the songs off his first album so went to see him on purpose and left after a few because it was the most boring, flat, lifeless performance I've ever seen.

On 05/04/2017 at 1:47 AM, Slugworth said:

The first act i ever see at Glastonbury. Ladies & Gentlemen i present to you, Jake Bugg

Correct - I thought he was awful.  Closely followed by Example at JP last year.  To be fair I was convinced to see both under duress so they're not my thing, but both times I was pretty much watch-watching the whole time.  No idea how Jake Bugg was given a headline slot just one year later.  Apparently last year he said to the crowd "Appreciate you being here when you could be watching coldplay or earth, wind and fire, which is where i'd rather be right now!"

On 05/04/2017 at 7:55 AM, maclauk said:

Massive Attack on a muddy Other Stage. Broke my girlfriend's, now wife's heart.

Don't understand this!  I saw them twice, 2008 and 2014.  2008 was a surprise as I expected it to be more upbeat (not sure why!  guess it was because they followed an extremely energetic Hot Chip set) but looked back in retrospect thinking it was awesome and becoming more of a fan of their less commercial tracks.  2014 I knew what to expect and they didn't disappoint.