Worst act you have seen at the festival

FuzzyDunlop

• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of acts I saw on a whim - Deap Vally. Bloody shambles.

Of acts I really wanted to see - Paul Simon. I know he wasn't well, but it was terrible. He should've pulled out, given the other acts that day 5 or 10 minutes longer each, and come back the next year.

I've not seen many acts that I haven't enjoyed - or I haven't stayed there long enough to remember them.  And that number is far out-weighed by the number I've seen that I didn't expect to enjoy but found myself unable to move on until they left the stage (yes, Willie Nelson, I'm looking at you particularly there).  

The one major, major disappointment for me though was the Moody Blues a couple of years ago.  They were my absolute must see of the festival.  I don't know whether my expectations were too high or my mood just wasn't right but I left after three or four songs because I was enjoying myself so little.  Then, I seem to remember, I spent 10 minutes at Kanye - so not a good night all in all - until I wandered down to George Clinton and friends on a whim and had an absolute ball of a time.  

And that, folks, is one of the many reasons I fricking love Glastonbury.

PJ Harvey last year. One of our frinds was really keen so we all went along, although we stood midway back while he went running off to the front like the eager beaver he is. We all unanimously thought it was shite, a weird combination of boring and bizarre, and made worse because it was during that godawful sunday drizzle. We buggered off to Grimes at some point, but when he came to find us he admitted that he had also thought she was terrible. 

Although at least she turned up...unlike Claptone who I dragged them all to see on Saturday afternoon

It was mostly circumstantial but Rodriguez in 2013 was a major disappointment. He was one of the acts I was most excited for and I just couldn't hear a thing. Sound doesn't always travel well at the Park, and combined with the wind blowing the ribbon tower he was totally drowned out. Tried a few different spots in the crowd but couldn't hear anywhere and ended up leaving. 

It wasn't his fault. His music is quiet. He should have been in a tent.

MGMT were w*nk in 2010.

And last year my friends made me stand in a very overcrowded William's Green watching DMA's and other assorted shite because they were convinced someone good was going to show up soon. It was bad and I was getting very annoyed (though admittedly this was largely personal circumstances. I'm sure the bands weren't that awful. I was just having a bad time.) I left in the end 

Edited by somecoolusername

With you with Kate Nash, it was so hot and she was so awful. My girlfriend of the time wanted to see her and I just kept looking from her to the stage with an unimpressed eyebrow raised.

Didn't think much of Clean Bandit in 2015 (I was meeting my mates there after watching Slaves and Sleaford Mods on my own) but I had a decent laugh up front so I almost look back on it fondly.

The Klaxons, they were so terrible we sold the tickets we had to their gig after Glastonbury, thank god.  MGMT in John Peel were also rubbish (everyone left after Kids), and dare I admit it, Mumford and Sons on the Pyramid - I know!!  I don't think there was anyone else I wanted to see, but I do regret it...

The missus acquiesced to my requests to go and see Royal Blood early afternoon at the JP a couple of years ago, and she enjoyed it loads more than she thought she would - so to be fair, I agreed to go and watch a smaller, unknown-to-me band on the same stage a day later, again in the early afternoon. A bit of payback. A band I'd never heard of, and knew absolutely nothing about. 

So we popped along and got right in the middle of the tent, and my first real notice that this was about to be shit was the age of everyone around us. Everyone was twelve. With glitter, little strappy tops and far, far too much enthusiasm and energy. 

This is not my kind of gig, I think to myself. But I'll try not to be a twat, and listen to whoever they were. 

First song, some utterly terrible dance nonsense starts, and then they start using violins. Everything is dreadful, and yet everyone around me is enjoying themselves. I am utterly alone. 

And that was the day I saw clean bandit. 

Cooper Temple Clause in 2003. My first festival - didn't really know the place and had no mobile so when Mr P&P went off to get food I was kind of stuck where I was, which was at Other listening to Cooper Temple Clause being absolutely awful.

Kele Okereke was godawful in 2010(?). He played his one big hit, Tenderoni, first, and then everyone left.