Secret Sets

Wakey321

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, glastobuds said:

When Radiohead and Pulp  played it was in the Sun and everyone knew by 9 am Friday morning. By 11 you couldn't get near the park and the mud was hell, so you had to make a decision - spend the day in the mud waiting for one band and forsake all others or miss the "secret" set.

I was up there not long before Radiohead in one of those wooden covered seats, so that was definitely quite a bit later and it wasn't really filling up until nearer the time..  There were quite a few folks, but we wanted to go and see something else and were able to walk down OK.  There were certainly quite a few more strolling up at that point.

Edited by clarkete

It has to be Gorillaz. After the mixed reaction of their show in 2010, pretty sure Albarn wants to have one back.

It makes sense as well, there won't be any pressure as a surprise set act, the crowd would just be happy that they are able to see an act as big as Gorillaz as a surprise act.

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

What's this about secret sets on Thurs at William's Green? New to me! It must get rammed. Who's done it in the past?

You couldn't get insdie the WG last year. We were stood almost by the path so it gets pretty busy.

Edited by Slavivlad

Just now, jyoung said:

We tried to get in for The Smyths. I think that was Thursday night but it was literally jam packed.

The secret sets were literally straight after the Smyths!

People need to stop talking about Gorillaz. I know I'll just end up disappointed.

39 minutes ago, ConorC said:

The secret sets were literally straight after the Smyths!

People need to stop talking about Gorillaz. I know I'll just end up disappointed.

Agree with this, setting me up for heart break when its not the Gorillaz. One can dream eh!