Flares banned.

Sawdusty surfer

Sorry if this has already been discussed... Flares not just banned, but illegal.

Music festivals are following in the footsteps of football matches, as a new law takes effect from today (3 April 2017) banning the use of pyrotechnics at music festivals. Section 134 of the Policing and Crime Act 2017 states that anyone caught with a “pyrotechnic article” at a “qualifying musical event” in England or Wales could face up to three months in prison and/or a fine.

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/pyrotechnics-music-festivals-alex-chapman?published=t

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Definitely noticed security getting tougher on them even in the few years I've been going - as a few people have said I saw a couple of times last year when they got in the crowd and ran towards people to take them off them. Not too fussed about them myself as long as people aren't being twats with them.

11 minutes ago, johnomatic said:

Definitely noticed security getting tougher on them even in the few years I've been going - as a few people have said I saw a couple of times last year when they got in the crowd and ran towards people to take them off them. Not too fussed about them myself as long as people aren't being twats with them.

White socks?

24 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

They're fucking useless, Glastonbury definitely doesn't need an increase in sniffer dogs 

I think sniffer dogs are usually trained to detect only one particular substance. If all the sniffer dogs at Glastonbury are only able to sniff out flares then that's absolutely fine with me

Edited by Jamie D

The type of people who bother buying flares and are comfortable with the attention of everyone surrounding them being on them are not the type of people to give a fuck.. and long may they continue to not give a fuck, I love the flares.

I wonder how many flare related injuries there have been at music events per year? Would I even need to use two hands?