Friday other stage opener

thesaint78

58 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Where though? The Pyramid is looking pretty full on the Friday and there ain't really an appropriate space for them elsewhere (can't see them being on before Major Lazer on Other...). Perfect candidate for a secret set this year I'd have thought.

I'm not really sure to be honest but other opener would be a strange slot for them, certainly deserving of a better slot than that

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I believe somebody on here met Guy Garvey and asked if they were playing Glastonbury and he hinted that they were. Only available on the Friday and haven't yet been announced, so if they are in fact playing it looks like it's either Other opener or possibly a secret act on the Park. But that's all we're basing it on I think (maybe there was more to it than that?) and it may end up being bollocks.

Ah right thanks for the concise summing up that all makes senseย 

I was quite surprised they weren't on the original poster given the new albumย 

other stage opener would be perfect for me so I wouldn't have to worry about clashesย 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, Likearollingstone said:

Thanks mate.I thought that the TBA was usually 11:00am but someone said it was 10am. So no TBA opener this year but a few more scattered across the rest of the lineup?

Dental suggested at one point that there wouldn't be one because they've got a special act opening the Pyramid and it'd be silly to have a special guest opening Other at the same time drawing people away from it. I guess that ended up being correct.

3 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Dental suggested at one point that there wouldn't be one because they've got a special act opening the Pyramid and it'd be silly to have a special guest opening Other at the same time drawing people away from it. I guess that ended up being correct.

I see cheersย - that would make sense. Looking forward to the Hacienda Classical so would've been annoying if someone good was in that slot.

8 minutes ago, Likearollingstone said:

Obviously they are otherwise they wouldn't still be about , just not really my cup of tea. More room for you to dance whilst I'm not there though, swings and roundabouts ;)

Ha well I'll be at the pyramid raving me tits off to the classical. Not missing that for the world.ย 

11 minutes ago, Robofish said:

It is a very annoying clash. First bloody thing on Friday too. :-o

This. Possibly most annoying clash of the weekend.ย 

59 minutes ago, Likearollingstone said:

I see cheersย - that would make sense. Looking forward to the Hacienda Classical so would've been annoying if someone good was in that slot.

The Pretenders are a fucking great band. more accomplished and respected than anyone else on Other Friday bill. what an insult.

1 minute ago, tevaburger said:

The Pretenders are a fucking great band. more accomplished and respected than anyone else on Other Friday bill. what an insult.

No need to swear potty mouth, hardly an insult.ย Who are you Chrissie Hynde's grandson? If so could you have her log into efests so she knows I'm not insulting her band. I only meant as to whether there was anybody I personally would like to see over Hacienda Classical.

ย 

Enjoy the festival tevaburger.