Allowed to park Worthy Carpark if not staying

jDragonfly

Does anyone know if I'd be allowed  to park at Worthy view Car Park if I'm not actually staying there?

Wondering if I would be able to get into the festival from Worthy view Car Park with just my Festival ticket??? 

or will they make me go around to a different gate? :unsure:

You need a WV car park sticker and a WV wristband (or Pennard Orchard ££££) to then get into the festival through Pennards Gate. Though why would you consider parking at WV, if you're not actually staying there? Seems an odd question. Use the East or West car parks.

5 hours ago, phillyfaddle said:

You need a WV car park sticker and a WV wristband (or Pennard Orchard ££££) to then get into the festival through Pennards Gate. Though why would you consider parking at WV, if you're not actually staying there? Seems an odd question. Use the East or West car parks.

I think the reason someone would do this is that the Pennard gate is very quiet, and in theory you could just run down the hill on Weds AM and get yourself straight into to Pennards Hill camp ground. Grab yourself a good spot. I don't think you need a wrist band to use the gate, you only need the wrist bands to get the pass out wrist band. You can do the normal ticket out method at this gate?

In answer to the question - you need someone who has a WV pitch to buy the ticket, but having stayed there, and having seen the logistics of how the gate works, I cant see why there is nothing stopping you getting hold of a car park ticket, and then making your way around and down the lane straight to the gate....

Edited by justtinw

48 minutes ago, justtinw said:

I think the reason someone would do this is that the Pennard gate is very quiet, and in theory you could just run down the hill on Weds AM and get yourself straight into to Pennards Hill camp ground. Grab yourself a good spot. I don't think you need a wrist band to use the gate, you only need the wrist bands to get the pass out wrist band. You can do the normal ticket out method at this gate?

What?

No. Not even close.

Anyone on a Public Ticket needs a wristband to use any gate. Or a ticket which the gate staff can check and issue a wristband. Unless things have changed significantly, Pennard Hill Gate has no facility for issuing wristbands. WV do have the facility, but they only issue WV EPO wristbands and only to people staying there.

Try to go on site for the first entry via Pennard Hill Gate without a wristband, and you'll be directed to go back to another gate - either walk a long way round the fence to the West Campervan Field, or get the shuttle bus back to Gate A.

Edited by incident

On 4/3/2017 at 3:49 PM, justtinw said:

In answer to the question - you need someone who has a WV pitch to buy the ticket, but having stayed there, and having seen the logistics of how the gate works, I cant see why there is nothing stopping you getting hold of a car park ticket, and then making your way around and down the lane straight to the gate....

In theory, yes. But security check your WV wrist band at Pennard gate itself before letting you in OR out of the festival (I've stayed at WV since 2014). The WV wrist bands are different colours to the general festival wrist bands and have a giant WV embroidered on them. I guess Pennard Orchard have a similar arrangement (but clearly not stayed there....£££££!). If you were desperate to camp in Pennards, then you could bribe a friend staying in WV to take your tent down and pitch it early Wed AM, but you'd probably risk the wrath of your neighbours who'd done it the hard way and I wouldn't vouch for the tent having a long life once they found out what you were up to!! :D

On 4/3/2017 at 4:37 PM, incident said:

What?

No. Not even close.

Anyone on a Public Ticket needs a wristband to use any gate. Or a ticket which the gate staff can check and issue a wristband. Unless things have changed significantly, Pennard Hill Gate has no facility for issuing wristbands. WV do have the facility, but they only issue WV EPO wristbands and only to people staying there.

Try to go on site for the first entry via Pennard Hill Gate without a wristband, and you'll be directed to go back to another gate - either walk a long way round the fence to the West Campervan Field, or get the shuttle bus back to Gate A.

I could be wrong but I'm sure I saw a separate tent at Pennard Hill Gate last year that were issuing standard wrist bands for general ticket holders using that gate

Just doubled checked the detailed map for last year. They did let general tickets holders use this gate. On the map there is a 'ticket check, wristbanding & programme' as well as the main one for people entering WV.

Edited by Smash1984
Additional information