More announcements?

Saturn5

Are there any more lineup announcements due or is that it? I kept reading 'very soon' but that was 3 or 4 weeks ago and it's all gone a bit quiet. Or have I missed it?? I'm ok with who's playing so far but like many, feel it's just missing something. 

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 hour ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Does anyone remember when the 2nd announcement was last year ?

We must be due the rest of the main stages.....hopefully :-)

Last year the second annoucement (Glow) was 26 Feb...this year it was 17 March.

The third and fourth announcements (Main, Calling Out & Woodland) were 3 March & 14 April...guessing it's gonna be rolled into one sometime over the next couple of weeks. 

Then we can expect a few drip feeds (including comedy, jagerhaus, lost eden etc) over the next couple of months as per last year.

Last year Chai Wallahs wasn't announced until the week before the festival!

Edited by Mr_Grump
Typo

27 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

Isn't The Comet Is Coming, Broken Brass Ensemble etc Chai Wallahs?

http://www.kendalcalling.co.uk/attractions/chai-wallah

Or have I misunderstood and you meant the rest?

Last year the full Chai Wallahs line up was left until the last minute...wasn't aware that a handful of performers had already been announced...last year there were around 25/30 performances so more than half yet to be announced

Is anyone else getting pissed off by the constant barrage from the KC Twitter feed? It's sold out....We know there's a waiting list.....And the headliners are now engrained in my eye lids from the 273 tweets a day.....STOP!!!!!

Edited by SloopJohnB
Typo correction

1 hour ago, SloopJohnB said:

Is anyone else getting pissed off by the constant barrage from the KC Twitter feed? It's sold out....We know there's a waiting list.....And the headliners are now engrained in my eye lids from the 273 tweets a day.....STOP!!!!!

Exactly this. 

No actual information ever. 'Very soon' for fucking weeks whenever anyone asks for an announcement.  I can't work out if they're being obtuse or just amateur but either way it's really frustrating. 

Gets even worse when people ask simple questions like what day are soandso on and they ignore them.  It comes across as really childish I think. 

11 hours ago, ramragon said:

Seems like a tactic that's rolled out every year for a majority of festivals, there's a lot to be said by the way glastonbury do it, one announcement with every stage, band and daily split on it.

...or announce at the the start of the year the 3 announcement dates, they could still unleash a surprise announcement such as the Public Enemy or Snoop Dog ones as and when they're signed and sealed etc. With the vast majority of tickets now being sold either before or on the basis of the first announcement the subsequents just add meat to the bones.

On 07/04/2017 at 9:01 AM, LOCHLAND5 said:

I've been reliably informed that they have announced more to date this year than they have in the past ! 

Think it's a case of calm your passion! 

I don't disagree - like bottonrob said would just be nice to know, if there are more announcements - what date would that be instead of weeks of 'very soon'! It gets irritating.