Some Coach-packages questions

thooomash

Hi all!
We are going to try to get Coach-package tickets as it increases our chances to get some tickets. I have some questions about it:

- Are you required to travel with the bus(?) from the location or is it possible to get your festivalticket at the festivalsite too?

- What day (and what time) do the busses leave?

- Are there this year secret sales too?

Thanks in advance :)

Edited by thooomash

First of all good luck.

1. Yes. You will be given your ticket on the coach and you will travel to the festival on the coach. You do not have to return on the coach, feel free to get a lift with friends if you so wish.

2. Coaches will leave on wednesday and thursday. I think with London you can choose a time, everywhere else you will get told at a later date. I get the coach from Brighton and last year our coaches were at 8.30 and 11.30 am

3. There probably will be secret sales. Keep an eye on the thread on the forum for details of alert groups.

Once again good luck, I hope you get your ticket! The big advantage of the coach is that you get driven straight to Gate A and no queueing to get in!

21 minutes ago, Hotchilidog said:

First of all good luck.

1. Yes. You will be given your ticket on the coach and you will travel to the festival on the coach. You do not have to return on the coach, feel free to get a lift with friends if you so wish.

2. Coaches will leave on wednesday and thursday. I think with London you can choose a time, everywhere else you will get told at a later date. I get the coach from Brighton and last year our coaches were at 8.30 and 11.30 am

3. There probably will be secret sales. Keep an eye on the thread on the forum for details of alert groups.

Once again good luck, I hope you get your ticket! The big advantage of the coach is that you get driven straight to Gate A and no queueing to get in!

Thanks a lot for your quick answer!

Are there other opportunities to travel from London (or Bristol) to the festivalsite? Train/busses or something?

3 hours ago, thooomash said:

Thanks a lot for your quick answer!

Are there other opportunities to travel from London (or Bristol) to the festivalsite? Train/busses or something?

If you get a standard ticket. Then you can either National Express coach it, and choose the departure time or get the train to Castle Cary from either London or Bristol then free shuttle bus. All with the benefit of Gate A access.

The Glastonbury coach packages are with See Coaches. If you are going from London or Bristol I think you can choose the time too.

It's worth doing some research before the sale to see which Towns/Cities have the most coaches running to the festival, places like Bristol and Bath have lots, somewhere further off like Newcastle has only a couple

So by focusing on cities with a number of services you have a (slightly) better chance of getting a ticket. You normally can chose the day not the time

You do also need to weigh up extra cost of stopping in the pick up location over night if it's some distance from where you live. Some coaches leave really early in the morning 

No See Tickets run the coaches for the combined coach/festival ticket package

there are however other coach firms including National Express that run services to the site but you have to get the festival ticket yourself - basically two different transactions, the see tickets option is a joint package 

Some previous see ticket coach times on the article below. Bit old so they may differ but gives an idea of where most services run from

http://www.gigwise.com/win/89415/coach-times-for-glastonbury-announced---have-you-booked