Some Coach-packages questions

thooomash

Hi all!
We are going to try to get Coach-package tickets as it increases our chances to get some tickets. I have some questions about it:

- Are you required to travel with the bus(?) from the location or is it possible to get your festivalticket at the festivalsite too?

- What day (and what time) do the busses leave?

Thanks in advance :)

2 hours ago, thooomash said:

Hi all!
We are going to try to get Coach-package tickets as it increases our chances to get some tickets. I have some questions about it:

- Are you required to travel with the bus(?) from the location or is it possible to get your festivalticket at the festivalsite too?

- What day (and what time) do the busses leave?

Thanks in advance :)

You'll probably find a coach tickets thread that will cover this...but, here goes

Yes, you have to be on the coach to get the tickets. The driver may give these out at any time before you leave, stop at services or arrive. Any tickets not collected should be left at the info booth near to Gate A....you may be able to no-show and collect from here but there is of course a risk that it doesn't all work out that easily.

Apart from London (and maybe Bristol) the coach times are not selectable at time of booking, you can only pick the day and departure point you want to leave and have to wait for confirmation of depart/return times

hope that helps

1 hour ago, chazza36 said:

If you want to try and get a coach pacakge but you need to leave the festival on the Sunday, does this matter if you are not on the coach on the way back?

No. Plenty of people don't get the bus back and get a lift or arrange alternative transport. Stories on here indicate many of the buses on the way back are semi-full at best.

Sorry to hijack the thread but got a coach question that might as well go in here.

Is there anywhere online that tells you the departure points of the See Coaches? My friend is now going to try for a ticket and he's in Exeter. National Express run a coach from there but not sure if it's an option in the Coach Package sale? If not, anyone know the closest one to there?

On 06/04/2017 at 0:25 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

Sorry to hijack the thread but got a coach question that might as well go in here.

Is there anywhere online that tells you the departure points of the See Coaches? My friend is now going to try for a ticket and he's in Exeter. National Express run a coach from there but not sure if it's an option in the Coach Package sale? If not, anyone know the closest one to there?

Coach packages are run by see which is different from national express, national express do run coaches to the fest but its nothing to do with tickets, just another way of getting there if you already have a ticket.

Exeter has seecoaches going from there, I got the seecoach from plymouth back in 2015 and it stopped at exeter on the way im guessing depending on numbers thats always the way, the main coach station was the stop if I remember

Edited by thatcrazypenguin

On 05/04/2017 at 1:51 PM, cammie81 said:

No. Plenty of people don't get the bus back and get a lift or arrange alternative transport. Stories on here indicate many of the buses on the way back are semi-full at best.

That's an awful abuse of the system. Either they are serious about people using  greener ways of getting to the festival or not!

IMHO they should hand out festival tickets on the return journey. 

3 hours ago, The Red Telephone said:

That's an awful abuse of the system. Either they are serious about people using  greener ways of getting to the festival or not!

It's unfortunately a slightly obtuse system, where of course coaches have set capacities, so they list a bunch for sale from specific departure points.

Many of us have at some point bought one in the resale which is departing from somewhere a good distance from where we live.  I live near Bristol and one year had the opportunity for Edinburgh or Glasgow, the following day London came up.  Obviously it would suit me and the festival much more if that wasn't the case, but that would be a logistical nightmare from their point of view increasing and decreasing the capacities as necessary.

As it was I got a train to London, then at the end of the festival a national express coach back to Bristol, so it was OK for me and the footprint not much different - seeing that the London coach would still have folks on.

On 09/04/2017 at 7:29 AM, The Red Telephone said:

I think it's safe to assume you're joking, but yes, the first point is a good one. 

On 06/04/2017 at 0:25 PM, Tartan_Glasto said:

I live near Exeter and got the coach last year and the closest departure is from Taunton.

1 hour ago, huh? what? said:

I'm trying to get coach package tickets for some friends, if I get through can I pay using my own card despite not requiring a ticket myself?

Yes, they're not bothered about whose card is used to pay for tickets.

You're given a set time to return, however the coaches are usually emptier on the return leg than on they way there. I'd imagine that for a 3am return quite a few would be missing it. They don't really seem to even check the tickets on the way back, let alone check the times.

On 15/04/2017 at 1:25 PM, nevanj said:

Does anyone know if I buy a Bristol - Glasto ticket + coach ticket, can I use the very early Monday morning buses (ie 3am) or is the return time set?

Last year I think I was scheduled on the 3pm bus but got on the 9am one with no issues. The fella at the info desk on site even said to me they don't tend to check the times.

On 4/9/2017 at 9:29 AM, The Red Telephone said:

The coach option addresses two things: environmental impact and traffic impact.  Coaches were first tied into the licence when the Park Stage was introduced and the licence allowed them to sell a further 20,000 (please correct me!) tickets that year, but on the condition that almost all the extra people came to the site by coach.  This allowed the festival to grow without too much traffic impact on the arrival day/s.  I think the licence is even specific to staggering coach admissions over the 2 days, again for traffic management rather than eco reasons. So the coaches are "green", but they also manage the traffic flow.  The traffic flow is more important on the way in than on the way out, and coach people getting a lift back have no eco impact as the car that they go back in was almost definitely on site anyway.

I would get the coach home if they gave me next years ticket there and then - imagine :)