OnBlackheath 2017

Flaminglippy

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, cdm22 said:

I thought that too but then they did only play there in 2015 so maybe not.

Yeah, I think that rules them out tbh. Massive Attack were the year before so can't see them either. Looking at the concerts they've put on no-one stands out as obvious as being booked.

I'm still going with my original choices - think that Duran Duran are the most likely. Good fit and are around on the same weekend. I'd stick Franz Ferdinand and maybe the Pet Shop Boys in the mix as well.

Edited by DiscothequeDave

2 hours ago, mahoneypepe said:

How about Lana Del Rey? Hasn't played in the UK for ages, will soon have a new album to promote. Would easily sell a load of tickets v.quickly.

Possible. Very difficult line up to get right as you've got to cater for mainly parents in their 30's-40's and their offspring. Most the headline acts so far have been going at least 15-20 years and I don't really see it changing tbh.  They've had a London band on the last couple of years (Madness, Squeeze) hence why I think Suede would be a great choice - loads of hits, right demographic of fans etc.

They've hinted at a few exclusives so could be anyone really. Bjork, Morrissey, Paul Weller, Tom Jones, New Order etc.

10 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Line-up is announced ....

http://www.onblackheath.com/

Libertines & Travis headline.

Metronomy, Seasick Steve, De La Soul, Jake Bloody Bugg, Steve Mason and most importantly Craig Charles is back.

Pretty strong on first inspection.

As usual, I was bang on the money with predictions lol

Libertines are an odd choice for a family festival and Travis are a pretty weak headliner..some decent stuff on the undercard but sadly I think they'll struggle to shift tickets for this one.

14 minutes ago, DiscothequeDave said:

As usual, I was bang on the money with predictions lol

Libertines are an odd choice for a family festival and Travis are a pretty weak headliner..some decent stuff on the undercard but sadly I think they'll struggle to shift tickets for this one.

Agree with the Libs - that's a strange one, although i suppose their core audience are now growing up too? The undercard is strong but you may well be right about the struggle to sell tickets.

2 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Agree with the Libs - that's a strange one, although i suppose their core audience are now growing up too? The undercard is strong but you may well be right about the struggle to sell tickets.

Just think that the amount of people who will buy the tickets for the Libertines will be counterbalanced by families not buying tickets for the Libertines. Think the Sunday will have a very different feel about it. Won't be going this year, based on the line up which is a shame.

It's an odd one. Travis were absolutely huge. Headlining Glastonbury huge and not that long ago relative to other big names. Yes it feels like they existed eons ago, as no one has talked about them for a decade. But absolutely the right age demographic for this. 

No chance it will sell out but will probably do OK. I expect the tickets to be overpriced.

Undercard looks quite good on the Saturday and they still have one name to announce who is supposedly bigger than Steve Mason but not as big as De La Soul.

Yeah, agree with the comments above. Libs will hardly attract a family festival crowd, plus they seem to be playing everywhere this year. Good undercard on the Sunday mind. Travis only subbed at Victorious under Manics last year so strange choice for headliner. We've booked for one in Brum a week later so unlikely we'll go this year, think its a decent-ish line-up but unless they do a 2-4-1 can't see us forking out full price. 

8 minutes ago, Mash011 said:

Had to kill an ace run of De La Soul into Metronomy by putting bloody Travis on after them didn't they. Fools.

Yeah - but that means you'll be able to go to Craig Charles instead. Was a top way to end Sunday last year.

Sunday night has suffered in the past with the buggy and picnic blanket brigade heading home for an early night.

Maybe putting on a band like The Libs, who will bring their own crowd, will actually improve the day.

I'll be there as it's just a walk up the hill but not really sure whether there is anything for the (teen) kids. I just got blank faces when I showed them the line-up.

23 hours ago, Fishman said:

Sunday night has suffered in the past with the buggy and picnic blanket brigade heading home for an early night.

Maybe putting on a band like The Libs, who will bring their own crowd, will actually improve the day.

I'd guess about half the folk had left before Belle and Sebastian last year. Had never seen anything like that.

The Libertines is a very odd fit but good point about them bringing their own crowd. Can see trouble if there fans don't take their shoes off before stomping on all the picnic blankets :-)