Parking

magicglasto

Hello all ! 

This great line up confirms that I'm coming with my friends. We've planned to come by car, what is your advice about it ! 

Should we take the parking fees or park the car in a close town ? ( if it's possible ... ) 

Also I got a lot of question about the best camping, about Stonehenge in the summer solstice etc.... but first the parking :D 

Thanks in advance you guys. 

(That's a really nice forum, totally addictive btw ! )

I would take the parking fees. If you park elsewhere then you've got to carry all your stuff on the transport from your parked car to the site ie. you will still have to pay for the transport in any case. The Glastonbury Festival site is huge and it takes time and effort to get to the most popular camping sites even from the official car parks. 

Just park your car in the car parks. It's £45 for five days per car, so if there's more than one of you it's a bargain.

Most 'local towns' are a very long way away and you wouldn't realistically save any money or time, and for traffic control reasons parking isn't allowed in the lanes or laybys close to the festival site itself. 

13 hours ago, Calvin Klein said:

What if you leave your car at Glastonbury town and you're not carrying that much stuff? I would take the shuttle bus from G Town and get to PGA.

Wouldn't that be a decent option??

Just seems like a lot of hassle as they'll be bringing camping gear etc (presumably). They'll have driven all the way from France, so may as well take the £45 hit and get that much closer. It works out at £1.80 per day each if they have a car of 5 people.

Anyone know of any parking in Glastonbury town centre?

Cut a long story short 4 of us are camping in the accessible camp site so can park on the disabled parking but we are in two cars as travelling from different parts of country and would prefer to arrive in 1 car as otherwise one car will be parked in disabled parking and the other in Timbuktu