Sleaford Mods

DJ Cull

Sleaford Mods  

103 members have voted

1. 1. Personally I think they're the Emperor's New Clothes, but what do you think?

• Genius
    • Old enough to know better

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, JacquelineS said:

I am leaning towards seeing them before the Lips. Not really my genre but I liked their Youtube stuff and think they would be cool live. Also Festivals are a time to expand your horizons, right?

i had listened to them a bit because i had heard people rave about them (Iggy Pop loves them..) and whilst it isnt my usual cup of tea, i liked the high tempo..

then i saw them last year at The Roundhouse and they were just brilliant.. so much better than i expected.. im really looking forward to them.

and to your point, festivals are a time to expand the horizons.. i always like to go and see some bands that i am unlikely to pay money to watch otherwise.. 

32 minutes ago, BlueDaze said:

and to your point, festivals are a time to expand the horizons.. i always like to go and see some bands that i am unlikely to pay money to watch otherwise.. 

And that's why I'm gonna watch Katy Perry

• 3 weeks later...

Thought they were excellent.  Saw them a couple of years ago on JP and def had to see them again this year.  I know some aren't keen and it is a 'basic' setup, but for me that's the beauty of it and part of the performance - quite a nice contrast to the stage setup of Flaming Lips afterwards.  Just have to listen to the lyrics, very on topic and the venom filled delivery really comes across.

Edited by geoffboycott

• 2 months later...

Best mate is a massive fan and we go to a lot of gigs together so have been going to see them since Andy joined around 2012'ish, about the time of Austerity Dogs. Always great live, met Jason a couple years ago at a screening of Invisible Britain in Nottingham after which they did a Q&A with the filmmakers, sound bloke.

Lyrics are genius. Fingers firmly on the pulse.

• 9 months later...
18 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I didn't really go back to the last EP much and it was followed quickly by a top album. Makes you think that the goodies will be held back for the album again. Still, I think that track is funny (first SM track that I can recall to have an arc) and it's better than getting nothing.

Yeah but I Can Tell from that EP is probably their best song.