Lorde

jyoung

So, after pulling out of 2014 Lorde is back three years on. What do we reckon? With her much anticipated new record coming out one week before Glastonbury I expect her performance to pull a big crowd. Green Light is a certified banger and I'm looking forward to hearing more of the new stuff. Where do we think she will play? Sunday afternoon Pyramid?

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Post RightBazza seems like the obvious place to plonk her.

She's got one song tho really. No right being that high up considering the pop names that have gone before her on that stage.

Also she's a phoney and a hack and I hope Lana puts a witches' curse on her.

edit: not a bad one tho. Just hairy hands or something.

Edited by dentalplan

11 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The poster makes me think that she's subbing the Other. She's at the end of a line of acts we're expecting to be headlining or high Other Stage. Still higher than I was expecting and much higher than I think she deserves but yeah, could happen.

Interesting idea and I'd be all for it. I reckon a gig in the evening would suit her better than an afternoon slot would. I also think that she is a much bigger pull than last years subs (Bastille and Chrvches). That said, I am a fan.

Edited by jyoung

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

She's got one song tho really. No right being that high up considering the pop names that have gone before her on that stage.

Also she's a phoney and a hack and I hope Lana puts a witches' curse on her.

edit: not a bad one tho. Just hairy hands or something.

This shows an ignorance and lack of knowledge, she's a global superstar 

Just now, Mezhyp1 said:

This shows an ignorance and lack of knowledge, she's a global superstar 

Nah bruv I know all the songs but I was making a judgement on chart success. She's had one top 20 hit (which went to no. 1) and not a fat lot else. Considering Ellie Goulding had the same slot as mooted last year and has smothered the country with her hits like cling film to the face, I don't see it.

I see the buzzword is 'global' which I take is meant to say 'big in America and NZ', as she's in fairly small writing on festival bills closer to the UK.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, king_oxymoron said:

Last time she was rumoured I had a weird longing to see her even though I didn't really like Royals. She just has something about her. Now, with Green Light being a complete banger and throwing us a gorgeous ballad, I am all in. 

She was only rumoured afterwards, wasn't she? I remember hearing after the weekend she was either meant to be guesting with Arcade Fire or opening Other Stage but had to pull out. I'm not sure which was the pukka rumour.

8 minutes ago, king_oxymoron said:

Last time she was rumoured I had a weird longing to see her even though I didn't really like Royals. She just has something about her. Now, with Green Light being a complete banger and throwing us a gorgeous ballad, I am all in. 

Pretty much same. Royals didn't really grab me but felt that she was someone I could like. The new songs are fantastic so I'm all in

11 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

I've just listened to three of her songs. Astonishing she has that slot.

What slot?