Main Subs/Other Headliners 2017

Krisesk

Did we see this? 

Alt-J in an article about Glastonbury: "It's mind-blowing to us to headline festivals but I think we're trying our best to live up to it and fill those big boots people are trying to get us to put on."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39447179/declan-mckenna-and-alt-j-on-living-up-to-the-glastonbury-wow-factor?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_radio_1&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=radio_and_music

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

Did we see this? 

Alt-J in an article about Glastonbury: "It's mind-blowing to us to headline festivals but I think we're trying our best to live up to it and fill those big boots people are trying to get us to put on."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/39447179/declan-mckenna-and-alt-j-on-living-up-to-the-glastonbury-wow-factor?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_radio_1&ns_source=twitter&ns_linkname=radio_and_music

Headliner comment is interesting, presumably the other stage?

56 minutes ago, fingers_mark said:

A Phoenix sunset slot. The dream is alive.

Phoenix are playing Ally Pally in September. Justice 2 x Brixton Academy.

Phoenix can sub other.

Justice need the dark though and tbh would work much better on WHs.

Not sure, I don't see Pheonix playing 3rd down the Pyramid which in essence is close enough to the same.

Edited by thewayiam

I've said it before and i'l say it again

Friday
Radiohead, The XX, Royal Blood
Major Lazer

Saturday
Foo Fighters, Biffy Clyro, Lorde
Alt J, BBK

Sunday
Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Chic, Barry Gib
The National

it literally makes sense for it to be this way, it will be this way... plz stop predicting otherwise :(

National billed high on poster because they are a really big other headliner. Biffy aint gonna headline other stage when they are the perfect foos warm up act

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Friday
Major Lazer

Saturday
Alt J, BBK

Sunday
The National

it literally makes sense for it to be this way, it will be this way... plz stop predicting otherwise :(

National billed high on poster because they are a really big other headliner. Biffy aint gonna headline other stage when they are the perfect foos warm up act

I believe Chic are only available on the Friday (unless that wasn't true?). Other than that this is exactly what I'm expecting also.

3 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Friday
Major Lazer

Saturday
Alt J, BBK

Sunday
The National

Yeah pretty sure that's close to being spot on.  The only 1 I'd say may change is Emeli Sande for Lorde and her over near the top of the other (just seems to fit better for me for some reason)

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

I believe Chic are only available on the Friday (unless that wasn't true?). Other than that this is exactly what I'm expecting also.

I wasn't true, but it isn't yet impossible. Will know when they announce what days they're playing Fold Festival 

4 minutes ago, Justiceforcedave said:

With the greatest respect to everyone saying it must be "this band into that band". Bands get booked where and when they are available, which isn't always where you'd logically put them.

It might be Mr Biffy Clyro's Grandma's tea party on Saturday night :)

Saturday afternoon Kids fields slot.

4 minutes ago, Wilfko said:

Really can't get into  The National and Really not remotely interested in Ed, what do you think my other Headline options for Sunday might be?

Metronomy have confirmed themselves to be headlining John Peel that night. The other stages are up for grabs really... possibly Justice at West Holts (although they could easily also be on the Friday), and people seem to be predicting Cinematic Orchestra for the Park (although not sure if that's based on anything).

2 hours ago, sisco said:

Yeah pretty sure that's close to being spot on.  The only 1 I'd say may change is Emeli Sande for Lorde and her over near the top of the other (just seems to fit better for me for some reason)

Emeli Sande seems to have plummeted down lineups (just look at where she's at on the V lineup) so I'd be surprised to see her get a slot that high now.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Metronomy have confirmed themselves to be headlining John Peel that night. The other stages are up for grabs really... possibly Justice at West Holts (although they could easily also be on the Friday), and people seem to be predicting Cinematic Orchestra for the Park (although not sure if that's based on anything).

Cinematic Orchestra would be immense! On my must see list so fingers crossed.

Probably giving far too much respect to the poster positionings... plus I fancied predicting something slightly different:

FRI: Radiohead, The XX, Royal Blood, Stormzy

SAT: Foo Fighters, The National, Chic, Lorde

SUN: Ed Sheeran, Biffy Clyro, Katy Perry, Barry Gibb

Other: Major Lazer, Alt-J, BBK/(TBA?)

Edited by Lubic87

12 hours ago, sisco said:

We need a confirmation of The National's day very soon, if Sunday then that seals it.

On 30/03/2017 at 2:27 PM, ghostdancer1 said:

I would be more confident about The XX headlining the Other, and The National being a Pyramid sub tbh.

The National don't really have an other headline set IMO, The xx's new show is quite dance-y, and lots of lights/mirrors that wouldn't work during the daylgiht of a sub slot.

Totally agree. I was all for The XX subbing the pyramid but after seeing that show in all its glory in Nottingham it's perfect for a night time headline slot on the other. Would be totally different to their 2013 set as well.

On 3/30/2017 at 2:27 PM, ghostdancer1 said:

I would be more confident about The XX headlining the Other, and The National being a Pyramid sub tbh.

The National don't really have an other headline set IMO, The xx's new show is quite dance-y, and lots of lights/mirrors that wouldn't work during the daylgiht of a sub slot.

30 minutes ago, swede said:

Totally agree. I was all for The XX subbing the pyramid but after seeing that show in all its glory in Nottingham it's perfect for a night time headline slot on the other. Would be totally different to their 2013 set as well.

I am with you two except I think The National could sub to The XX but I'm keeping them out of there as think Imagine Dragons may take that slot.

Radiohead
The National
Royal Blood

Major Lazer
Justice

FF
Biffy Clyro
?
Lorde

Alt-J
BBK
Stormzy

Ed
Katy Perry
Chic
Gibb

The XX
Imagine Dragons

12 hours ago, Wilfko said:

Really can't get into  The National and Really not remotely interested in Ed, what do you think my other Headline options for Sunday might be?

With any luck, Bonobo on The Park or somewhere! Otherwise see below...

2 hours ago, Lubic87 said:

Probably giving far too much respect to the poster positionings... plus I fancied predicting something slightly different:

FRI: Radiohead, The XX, Royal Blood, Stormzy

SAT: Foo Fighters, The National, Chic, Lorde

SUN: Ed Sheeran, Biffy Clyro, Katy Perry, Barry Gibb

Other: Major Lazer, Alt-J, BBK/(TBA?)

I enjoy this last "TBA?"....it keeps me hopeful of some ridiculous Green Day/Prodigy late announcement

13 hours ago, Sasperella said:

With any luck, Bonobo on The Park or somewhere! Otherwise see below...

I enjoy this last "TBA?"....it keeps me hopeful of some ridiculous Green Day/Prodigy late announcement

Actually seeing Bonobo at Citadel Festival in July so I'm hoping it's someone else, entirely selfish :lol: