• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

42 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Radiohead / The xx / Royal Blood / George Ezra

Foo Fighters / The National / Stormzy / Katy Perry

Ed Sheeran / Biffy Clyro / Chic / Barry Gibb

Switch Katy Perry and Stormzy and I reckon that'll be it. (Even though the Ezra stuff is odd)

Just now, Will-2609 said:

Would normally agree but that poster run of Royal Blood-Stormzy-Chic...

Yeah I know, but KP is higher on the poster (I know Barry G is too). Can't see her being lower than third myself.  Not long to find out i suppose

Seeing what Liam has tweeted about a huge announcement first thing in the morning. Could it be a Glasto announcement for full lineup? As it will be the "Friday" that people have suggested. I'm also taking into account that glastos first lineup was 8am on the day

1 hour ago, nikkic said:

Stormzy into The National should keep the punters moving around! 

No chance of that happening.

15 minutes ago, sisco said:

Switch Katy Perry and Stormzy and I reckon that'll be it. (Even though the Ezra stuff is odd)

Now Stormzy isn't Friday Lorde is way more likely to be Pyramid. 

I actually think RTJ might be taking that 6th down Pyramid Friday slot....the ideal is Will Smith and JJ.

1 minute ago, Gooner4900 said:

Seeing what Liam has tweeted about a huge announcement first thing in the morning. Could it be a Glasto announcement for full lineup? As it will be the "Friday" that people have suggested. I'm also taking into account that glastos first lineup was 8am on the day

It's an interesting one as he defo isn't imo announcing a tour of his own this close to a Glasto announcement/show if he's playing it, and I'd be surprised if R&L allowed it also being as it's only May.

Not having this George Ezra fourth down the Pyramid nonsense. What's he done since last time to be bumped up a slot? Fuck all. Not even a new single. Other fodder at it's finest and I'll be shocked if he ends up anywhere else despite Neil's info. 

Radiohead, The xx, Royal Blood, Lorde

Foo Fighters, The National, Katy Perry, Stormzy

Ed Sheeran, Biffy Clyro, Chic, Barry Gibb

Is how I see it panning out, although Lorde is just there out of hope/'cause I can't think of anybody else suitable.

17 minutes ago, jparx said:

William - when can we expect expertly researched full prediction of the major stages? Feels like we have enough new info now to justify one?

I posted one earlier in the stage predictions thread at the request of my good friend @MattDavies__.

Unless you mean another one in light of this Stormzy bombshell. In which case I cba I'm afraid.

20 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I posted one earlier in the stage predictions thread at the request of my good friend @MattDavies__.

Unless you mean another one in light of this Stormzy bombshell. In which case I cba I'm afraid.

Haha sorry dude I'll have a gander in that thread. Not sure the Stormzy bombshell warrants a version update ;)

30 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Not having this George Ezra fourth down the Pyramid nonsense. What's he done since last time to be bumped up a slot? Fuck all. Not even a new single. Other fodder at it's finest and I'll be shocked if he ends up anywhere else despite Neil's info. 

Is how I see it panning out, although Lorde is just there out of hope/'cause I can't think of anybody else suitable.

8 acts I want to see there. In one year on The Pyramid. I don't think I've seen 8 in the last 3 festivals I've been to! 

27 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Possibility open again I guess but I read in DIY's festival guide that Lorde was doing a sunset slot. Have I mentioned that?

Either way, my thoughts are with you as the Friday hip hop slot circles the drain.

44 minutes ago, Gooner4900 said:

absolutely not.

it'll be details of his album, or a stream of his single or something LG related.

this reminds me of the "Richard Ashcroft is going on This Morning to announce the lineup" nonsense.

Just now, dentalplan said:

Either way, my thoughts are with you as the Friday hip hop slot circles the drain.

Run the Jewels are the last hope, although for the sake of the Saturday night headliner-less I kind of hope that's not what happens (unless, of course, Will and Jeff come to the rescue).

33 minutes ago, Ryan1984 said:

I know this would have been covered in detail over on The National thread but is everyone sure they are on the Pyramid before the Foos? Could they not be Other headliners at the same time?

NME have said they're on before Foo Fighters, and they're placed between The XX and Biffy Clyro on the poster who are the Friday/Sunday subs.

and as @CaledonianGonzo says, Alt-J are almost cetainly the Other headliners on Saturday.

it's possible they're not, but everything points towards them subbing Foos.