Who's playing which day 2017

the wonderwhy

43 minutes ago, rzwodezwo said:

I would say that Lorde disappearing from the spotlight and then coming back so strong actually feeds the hype train. She is definitely more in the spotlight than Lana Del Rey who has put out music constantly and who's star seems to fade a little recently.  

I'm not sure I'd agree she is coming back strongly. Green Light has no doubt captured the imagination of many and received lots of critical acclaim but I'm not sure it even made the top 20 in the UK or the US. And that is kind of her arena, ergo its a bit of a flop. Despite that, I think she's doing well enough for herself and has a lot of favour but there's no real basis to how much people are overestimating her.

46 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Adds fuel to the fire of:

Radiohead / The xx / Royal Blood / George Ezra / Stormzy / Blossoms / Kris Kristofferson / Hacienda Classical

I think there'll be something maybe a bit jazzy or worldy or something in between Kris and Hacienda. Takes someone else out of the lineup (maybe two if they can't account for a long Radiohead set and lots of hour long sets) but yeah that order seems like its missing something.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think there'll be something maybe a bit jazzy or worldy or something in between Kris and Hacienda. Takes someone else out of the lineup (maybe two if they can't account for a long Radiohead set and lots of hour long sets) but yeah that order seems like its missing something.

Normally I'd have agreed, taken out George Ezra, shunted everyone up and stuck an Ibibio Sound Machine or a Songhoy Blues in there, but we have info on all those acts but Stormzy and I definitely think he'll be Friday Pyramid.

Only chance is if the George Ezra info is just totally wrong imo, but even then I struggle to fit him anywhere else.

Edit: I know there's normally something like that low Pyramid but there have been exceptions. Saturday 2015 was missing something like that.

Edited by Will-2609

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Normally I'd have agreed, taken out George Ezra, shunted everyone up and stuck an Ibibio Sound Machine or a Songhoy Blues in there, but we have info on all those acts but Stormzy and I definitely think he'll be Friday Pyramid.

Only chance is if the George Ezra info is just totally wrong imo, but even then I struggle to fit him anywhere else.

Stormzy could quite easily be Saturday I reckon. Patterns gotta end sometime.

In fact, you could look at the poster and say that the two lines above and one below have a set of acts in Fri-Sat-Sun order - so maybe Stormzy is 3rd down (Royal Blood-Stormzy-Chic) and Katy Perry before him which is baffling in itself but so is her not headlining anyway (or I woulda said before a few weeks ago).

2 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

In fact, you could look at the poster and say that the two lines above and one below have a set of acts in Fri-Sat-Sun order - so maybe Stormzy is 3rd down (Royal Blood-Stormzy-Chic) and Katy Perry before him which is baffling in itself but so is her not headlining anyway (or I woulda said before a few weeks ago).

True but I feel like he's such an obvious fit to continue the pattern that I don't see it ending this year. It'll end if one year they don't have anyone who's a good fit for it, I'd say.

3 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I can already picture CalGon's excitement at the thought of being able to see Katy Perry then that West Holts run.

31 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Edit: I know there's normally something like that low Pyramid but there have been exceptions. Saturday 2015 was missing something like that.

If the George Ezra info is totally right on the other hand... He was 17:45 afaik in Neil's initial information, which could put him in Royal Blood's spot - which seems to be widely accepted as ridiculous - but I wonder...

2 minutes ago, p.pete said:

If the George Ezra info is totally right on the other hand... He was 17:45 afaik in Neil's initial information, which could put him in Royal Blood's spot - which seems to be widely accepted as ridiculous - but I wonder...

Oh yeah I'm assuming the timing was just a bit off and he's just Friday evening Pyramid.

12 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Oh yeah I'm assuming the timing was just a bit off and he's just Friday evening Pyramid.

Is there a reason why Royal Blood are so set in stone for 3rd slot?  Other than being way more awesome than GE...  Which personally I'm fully on board with, but Pyramid crowd is a funny one, and BBC would probably hark more loudly for Ezra, despite current output of respective people.  

2 minutes ago, p.pete said:

Is there a reason why Royal Blood are so set in stone for 3rd slot?  Other than being way more awesome than GE...  Which personally I'm fully on board with, but Pyramid crowd is a funny one, and BBC would probably hark more loudly for Ezra, despite current output of respective people.  

Just size, really. Royal Blood are a much bigger concern right now than George Ezra.

4 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Its two songs isn't it. Both European cities. Easily interchangeable.

He has two?!? I got married a couple of years ago and to save on costs I made a playlist rather than hire a dj. I let everyone pick three songs as part of their RSVP. I was inundated with requests for that sodding Budapest song. Didn't play it.

Just now, Hugh Jass said:

He has two?!? I got married a couple of years ago and to save on costs I made a playlist rather than hire a dj. I let everyone pick three songs as part of their RSVP. I was inundated with requests for that sodding Budapest song. Didn't play it.

Got another called Barcelona hasn't he, or have I made that up.

Don't take this the wrong way, but that is one of the worst music based ideas I've ever heard. No chance I'd let other people have that much of an opinion.

Speaking of weddings though. I used to work in catering for them, you wouldnt believe how many people walked down the aisle to Bruno Mars - Marry Me. Made me physically sick.

"t's a beautiful night,
We're looking for something dumb to do.
Hey baby,
I think I wanna marry you. "

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

Don't take this the wrong way, but that is one of the worst music based ideas I've ever heard. No chance I'd let other people have that much of an opinion.

I asked for suggestions, about 80% of it was rejected.

Although you do have to include a fair amount of cheese later on in the evening when everyone's good and drunk. Nick Cave doesn't go down too well at weddings for some reason.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Although you do have to include a fair amount of cheese later on in the evening when everyone's good and drunk. Nick Cave doesn't go down too well at weddings for some reason.

Friend of mine had Palaces of Montezuma by Grinderman as their first dance. Worked very well, although I doubt many people actually listened to the lyrics...

Edited by Zoo Music Girl

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

I was asked to suggest for a wedding I went to the album version of autobahn was rejected unfortunately.  Apparently 22 min is to long for a  track at a wedding