Who's playing which day 2017

the wonderwhy

7 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

Circa 6.10pm Other Friday

dunno where that puts then in the order

3rd from Top?!!! Nah..... no chance

Was looking at the pyramid times..... That time makes them 4th other. Are they really that big?!!

Edited by sisco

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Raincatcher said:

They're subbing JP 

Clean Bandit I presume you mean? Can I ask how or what else u know?

If so that throws further things in the air. Lot of talk of First Aid Kit and Future Islands being the top 2 on JP friday

17 minutes ago, sisco said:

Clean Bandit I presume you mean? Can I ask how or what else u know?

If so that throws further things in the air. Lot of talk of First Aid Kit and Future Islands being the top 2 on JP friday

Yeah, CB. I tried to message @eFestivals about it a few weeks back but couldn't message for some reason, think he has his messages switched off, don't blame him. Unfortunately I have no other knowledge with regards to the potential line up but CB will sub JP, info straight from the horses mouth if you will.

Edited by Raincatcher

6 minutes ago, Raincatcher said:

Yeah, CB. I tried to message Neil about it a few weeks back but couldn't message for some reason, think he has his messages switched off, don't blame him. Unfortunately I have no other knowledge with regards to the potential line up but CB will sub JP, info straight from the horses mouth if you will.

Ahh cool. Cheers mate

29 minutes ago, sisco said:

Was looking at the pyramid times..... That time makes them 4th other. Are they really that big?!!

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-2017-circa-waves-want-43763

yep, info I have is pretty set in stone. Above links to it too 'prime slot' kinda stuff

43 minutes ago, Raincatcher said:

Yeah, CB. I tried to message @eFestivals about it a few weeks back but couldn't message for some reason, think he has his messages switched off, don't blame him. Unfortunately I have no other knowledge with regards to the potential line up but CB will sub JP, info straight from the horses mouth if you will.

So that's me missing CB then as the set will clash with Quo in Acoustic.

27 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

http://www.somersetlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife/glastonbury-2017-circa-waves-want-43763

yep, info I have is pretty set in stone. Above links to it too 'prime slot' kinda stuff

In fairness that does say an afternoon slot....but what we think that means and them is a different thing, that is basically an evening slot.

1 hour ago, adequate8 said:

Circa 6.10pm Other Friday

dunno where that puts then in the order

Doesn't really fit in with any slots unless the curfew is half an hour later this year or something. 6:10pm last year was half way through Editors' set (who were 4th down). Can't really see how 6:10pm would become a start time for an act unless the music on the whole is pushed back.

Edit: Actually The Vaccines started at 6pm in 2015 (4th down) so it's not much different to that.

Edited by Will-2609

59 minutes ago, Raincatcher said:

They're subbing JP 

Finally a shit act up against Radiohead! Had enough of them dumping horrid clashes on us.

Edit: Are they definitely Friday? I know their tour dates say Friday but often they just list the first day of the festival.

Edited by Will-2609

1 hour ago, sisco said:

4th Other makes them 5th Pyramid not 3rd, 3rd would make them an Other sub. Too high still for me mind, should be one step lower but with only 9 Other acts I knew they would have a good chance of being 5th from bottom given their position hint has been said. Liam would fit in between them and ML...obvs with another act too quite comfortable. In fact, if it was Lorde, Liam fits after them before her but I still think she could be Pyramid.

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

4th Other makes them 5th Pyramid not 3rd, 3rd would make them an Other sub. Too high still for me mind, should be one step lower but with only 9 Other acts I knew they would have a good chance of being 5th from bottom given their position hint has been said. Liam would fit in between them and ML...obvs with another act too quite comfortable. In fact, if it was Lorde, Liam fits after them before her but I still think she could be Pyramid.

4th other is on the same time as 3rd on the pyramid! 

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

What are you talking about? He thought 6:10pm put them 3rd down Other and then realised he was looking at Pyramid times rather than Other and corrected himself to 4th down. Nothing about 4th Other equating to 3rd Pyramid.

Edited by Will-2609

8 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

What are you talking about? He thought 6:10pm put them 3rd down Other and then realised he was looking at Pyramid times rather than Other and corrected himself to 4th down. Nothing about 4th Other equating to 3rd Pyramid.

That'll be what I meant. 

Still, Circa Waves 4th..... fuck off! 

4 minutes ago, sisco said:

That'll be what I meant. 

Still, Circa Waves 4th..... fuck off! 

Does seem weird. Especially if Clean Bandit are subbing JP meaning two of Flips, First Aid Kit and Future Islands probably need shoving in somewhere. It feels like a very hard lineup to nail down this year.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Does seem weird. Especially if Clean Bandit are subbing JP meaning two of Flips, First Aid Kit and Future Islands probably need shoving in somewhere. It feels like a very hard lineup to nail down this year.

Got no idea! Would say the Park could accommodate 2 but apparently Ride are there Friday (I think I read)

9 minutes ago, sisco said:

Got no idea! Would say the Park could accommodate 2 but apparently Ride are there Friday (I think I read)

Ride liked a comment from someone on Facebook saying they hope they're headlining the Park so that they can use their strobes or something, so seems likely.

Edited by Will-2609

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Ride liked a comment from someone on Facebook saying they hope they're headlining the Park so that they can use their strobes or something, so seems likely.

So.... Friday:

Radiohead, The XX

Major Lazer, ??

??, Anderson.paak

??, Clean Bandit

Ride, ??

Still need to fit in Flaming Lips, Future Islands, First Aid Kit (at least)

Just now, sisco said:

So.... Friday:

Radiohead, The XX

Major Lazer, ??

??, Anderson.paak

??, Clean Bandit

Ride, ??

Still need to fit in Flaming Lips, Future Islands, First Aid Kit (at least)

I know it's probably the wrong forum for this but not massively bothered by RH so Clean Bandit plus a good JP headliner would be great for me. 

Has there been any clarity over who that Friday JP headliner might be?

2 minutes ago, Dan190984 said:

I know it's probably the wrong forum for this but not massively bothered by RH so Clean Bandit plus a good JP headliner would be great for me. 

Not really, the ones mostly mentioned have been the 3 I listed where we don't know where's they're playing yet: The Flaming Lips Future Islands and First Aid Kit. 

2 minutes ago, Dan190984 said:

No info on any specific act doing it but Flaming Lips, First Aid Kit and Future Islands are all on Friday, all of whom seem good bets to do it.