Who's playing which day 2017

the wonderwhy

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

*If* K-Pez is on post Bazza on the Sunday then that looks likely to shift Chic onto WH as headliner.

Considering it looks like those top three rows are all Pyramid acts I'd say it looks more likely she'll be on pre-National or Biffy on the Saturday (whoever ends up subbing) with Chic being third on on the Sunday. Think you need to let go of this Chic on the WH again thing :P 

So....... so far it's looking very likely that it's... feel free to copy and edit:

Friday:

P: Radiohead / The XX / The National

Other: Major Lazor

Saturday:

P: Foo Fighters / Biffy Clyro / Royal Blood

Other: Alt J

Sunday: 

P: Ed Sheeran / Katy Perry / Chic

O: BBK

5 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Considering it looks like those top three rows are all Pyramid acts I'd say it looks more likely she'll be on pre-National or Biffy on the Saturday (whoever ends up subbing) with Chic being third on on the Sunday. Think you need to let go of this Chic on the WH again thing :P 

Hmmm...she still feels more like the prelude to the Edster than a natural fit below Mr National and the Unlikely Lads.

And if she clashes with the Toots / Avalanches / Solange run on WH I'll be sick as a parrot.

14 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Hmmm...she still feels more like the prelude to the Edster than a natural fit below Mr National and the Unlikely Lads.

And if she clashes with the Toots / Avalanches / Solange run on WH I'll be sick as a parrot.

Just don't see Chic on WH, and in turn Justice on Other (although Justice in to BBK is something that could work I guess).

At lollapalooza berlin last year major lazer subbed the other stage whilst Radiohead headlined main so if lolla don't think major lazer is good enough to headline their other stage against Radiohead why would Glastonbury stoop to the level of other festivals

especially when reading and leeds are gunna slam major lazer is some stupidly high spot 

i enjoy dance and electronic stuff but feel proper headline slots should be saved for acts like LCD and justice, not disclosure or major lazer both of which were incredibly boring live, just big dj sets essitentially 

Edited by OddRon

7 hours ago, magliad said:

So....... so far it's looking very likely that it's... feel free to copy and edit:

Friday:

P: Radiohead / The XX / The National

I kinda feel that the National deserve more than that spot but maybe that's just preference.

Personally think that would be a very very strong Friday evening on Pyramid although in wanting to get a good spot for Radiohead I feel very sorry for my bladder. 

4 hours ago, nickharley said:

I kinda feel that the National deserve more than that spot but maybe that's just preference.

Personally think that would be a very very strong Friday evening on Pyramid although in wanting to get a good spot for Radiohead I feel very sorry for my bladder. 

The issue is that when you consider it's probably considered a more pop stage, especially Friday's over the year then very strong it is not, it's fairly leftfield and why it's something that I don't see happening.

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

The issue is that when you consider it's probably considered a more pop stage, especially Friday's over the year then very strong it is not, it's fairly leftfield and why it's something that I don't see happening.

What do you see happening ?

8 hours ago, OddRon said:

At lollapalooza berlin last year major lazer subbed the other stage whilst Radiohead headlined main so if lolla don't think major lazer is good enough to headline their other stage against Radiohead why would Glastonbury stoop to the level of other festivals

especially when reading and leeds are gunna slam major lazer is some stupidly high spot 

i enjoy dance and electronic stuff but feel proper headline slots should be saved for acts like LCD and justice, not disclosure or major lazer both of which were incredibly boring live, just big dj sets essitentially 

Major Lazer were the 'Other' headliner at Lollapalooza in Berlin, but because it's a small festival they finished before Radiohead, but they didn't sub it, they were a headliner on the second stage

prospect of xx/national/radiohead run on the friday is truly hideous. i love all 3 but the thought of so long spent at or close to the pyramid for 3 largely downbeat acts is sending me under. throw in any extreme of weather and it becomes tortuous. hate being stationary for too long

21 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Major Lazer were the 'Other' headliner at Lollapalooza in Berlin, but because it's a small festival they finished before Radiohead, but they didn't sub it, they were a headliner on the second stage

Oh my bad I thought they subbed 1975 as they were on same time as Radiohead but they were third stage

5 minutes ago, liamium said:

prospect of xx/national/radiohead run on the friday is truly hideous. i love all 3 but the thought of so long spent at or close to the pyramid for 3 largely downbeat acts is sending me under. throw in any extreme of weather and it becomes tortuous. hate being stationary for too long

Don't worry, that run ain't happening - The xx and National will be subbing the Pyramid on different days.

2 hours ago, nickharley said:

That's a fair shout.

I picked opposite to NME with The National under RH because they aren't Sunday locals/chart or whatever you want to call it viewing. It's not I don't think they would book 3 acts in a row of the Pyramid where no one wanted to move, I just don't see it being like that.

Biffy Morrissey and U2 was one where I didn't move and even when it would have been Vampire Weekend, Dizzee and U2 I still wouldn't have I don't think, and I was there for Snoop. Biffy isn't similar to Mozza at all though and Vampire and Dizzee aren't but The National and The XX clearly are going by this forum and I'd probably not even need the shared liking evidence from here to know.

Just now, RyanS said:

This guy works for NME and 6 Music.  This could just be wishful thinking on his part or perhaps he knows something?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en-gb"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The National on the Pyramid Stage, that&#39;ll do me <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Glastonbury?src=hash">#Glastonbury</a> <a href="https://t.co/lLArEkn4lc">pic.twitter.com/lLArEkn4lc</a></p>&mdash; Andrew Trendell (@AndrewTrendell) <a href="https://twitter.com/AndrewTrendell/status/847345797637132294">30 March 2017</a></blockquote>
<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Even if he does know nothing, he's right :P 

7 minutes ago, RyanS said:

This guy works for NME and 6 Music.  This could just be wishful thinking on his part or perhaps he knows something?

He's correct but we've worked this out, I'm going for an Other sub/3rd down still to come with the current two next to Gibb and that right side run of Katy, Chic and Lorde below each other making up those 6 slots.