Who's playing which day 2017

the wonderwhy

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

I even searched out every member of The National on Twitter to see if any of them responded to tweets so I could fire the question their way. None of them respond to tweets.

they're one of the most quiet and illusive bands I swear, their Latitude show last year was so unexpected, as was their glasto date this year

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, jonodillieono said:

Finally a believer in the obvious truth

3rd down underneath The XX and Radiohead

As much as I'd prefer it the otherway round, The XX are on home turf and are headlining everywhere atm, shame too as The National have been around a lot longer and imo far better

1 minute ago, jonodillieono said:

Finally a believer in the obvious truth

3rd down underneath The XX and Radiohead

That would open up Royal Blood for Other sub below Major Lazer but it's would also be way too samey to be honest, you'd have a Pyramid crowd that would barely move from 7pm.

5 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Not really. Name me one headlines since Metallica who you think drew a smaller crowd than radiohead will. 

Not saying that's how it should be. Just the reality these days. 

I think they'll outdraw Muse. Half way through their set I moved to get a drink and watch from half way back and it was dead as fuck back there (in line with the left-hand side entrance to the Pyramid field). Was busier for Madness and TLSP the following day in the same part of the field.

8 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Not really. Name me one headlines since Metallica who you think drew a smaller crowd than radiohead will. 

Not saying that's how it should be. Just the reality these days. 

I was going to say muse too, but surely Florence was smaller, no? And Kasabian the same year as Metallica 

13 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Thing is when they were touring trouble will find me, Matt said something that implied the reason they didn't play Glastonbury was because of a difference of opinion of where they should be. That, along with it looking like it's a one off gig, implies to me that they're closing a stage or pyramid sub. Nothing lower. 

This! It's a complete exclusive too, Radiohead is the only one they'd sub as they don't have to do it at all, then or The XX in those two spots. Katy and Biffy could swap but if Lorde is Saturday then Lorde into Perry isn't happening.

1 hour ago, Will-2609 said:

I think they'll outdraw Muse. Half way through their set I moved to get a drink and watch from half way back and it was dead as fuck back there (in line with the left-hand side entrance to the Pyramid field). Was busier for Madness and TLSP the following day in the same part of the field.

Radiohead have not played the festival circuit for a long time so will be a draw. Muse were on year 2 of an album they had already toured in this country. Radiohead wont pull a monumental crowd, but I think it will be pretty big.

I was at Underworld last year and was surprised how busy it was.

So with everyone thinking Radiohead won't get a big crowd when do you think you would need to head over to the Pyramid to get a good spot for them. I was assuming I would have to watch the sub even if I didn't want to but now I am thinking I could just head over in the break between the sub and pyramid. There will be undoubtedly somebody else I want to see when the pyramid sub is on. 

1 hour ago, thewayiam said:

This! It's a complete exclusive too, Radiohead is the only one they'd sub as they don't have to do it at all, then or The XX in those two spots. Katy and Biffy could swap but if Lorde is Saturday then Lorde into Perry isn't happening.

Proper British festival slots for proper British men. Big up Biffy Clyro.

2 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

So with everyone thinking Radiohead won't get a big crowd when do you think you would need to head over to the Pyramid to get a good spot for them. I was assuming I would have to watch the sub even if I didn't want to but now I am thinking I could just head over in the break between the sub and pyramid. There will be undoubtedly somebody else I want to see when the pyramid sub is on. 

You'd wanna be there when the sub is ending and their fans clear off/people nip to the toilet or for food/drink.

2 minutes ago, mpdow2 said:

I'd never turn up and see the sub just to get a good spot, just try and get there as the sub is finishing and the crowd is starting to churn and make your way in.  

On 02/04/2017 at 9:52 PM, CaledonianGonzo said:

That's how I read it, and it was me he said it to.  Giving it a bit of the old Flo Ziegfeld.

hehehe he's just claimed there were 55,000 in West Holts that night. 

but also reaffirmed he's got more stage time this year. 

4 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Any ideas yet on where First Aid Kit will be? Never seen them live, would have to miss 'em.

Says on their site that they're playing on the Friday and the last time they played they did the pyramid. Park headline or mid-other.

Edited by The Placid Casual