is it just me

shuttlep

Agreed great line up and all of the rest of my group seem to be in agreement something for everyone on there.

Still missing a few names I would have liked on there. will just have to wait for the stage splits now!!

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Really strong for me. At first glance I counted 20 things I'd be happy to go see. That is without digging further than the surface. Although I've seen quite a few before, some at past Glasto's, there has been an appropriate length of time for them to seem fresh. Some I've seen recently but happy to see again and some I wasn't expecting that were a real pleasant suprise.

All in all I'd give it a 9/10 for the first lineup poster.

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Never from the initial poster have I had such a variety I want to see. Already a lot I'd happily see.

Very chuffed.

I even want to go perv at Katy Perry,.... might take a walkman with me so i don;t have to listen to her (showing my age with my walk man)

Radiohead, Foo Fighters, The XX, Katy Perry, Royal Blood, Stormzy, Lorde, Phoenix, Haim, Father John Misty, Warpaint, London Grammar, Sasha & Digweed

I am feeling really good and happy about summer :D

I love you glastonbury you are so good to me

1 hour ago, shuttlep said:

or does anyone else think, "this is the best line up I have seen for many a year"

I mean take the headliners out who I don't care for, but everyone else on the list I want to see. it's not been like that for a while

This is my first Glastonbury and will also be my first major (three days plus) festival for the best part of six/seven years, so as you can imagine for the last few months I've been pretty excited. Have to admit, running through that line-up from top to bottom this morning I was pretty disappointed - not entirely sure what I was expecting but this isn't really it. Top end of the bill - I get it, huge names, with massive fan bases and proven commercial success.

But come on, acts like Stormzy and Lorde who have released two/three albums between them that high up a Glastonbury line-up... maybe I'm out of touch. Can pick out half a dozen other acts that I'd like to see but it just reads like a Radio 6 daytime playlist. Complete lack of imagination. Perhaps indicative of the state of the music industry as a whole.

Just now, 40 Days said:

This is my first Glastonbury and will also be my first major (three days plus) festival for the best part of six/seven years, so as you can imagine for the last few months I've been pretty excited. Have to admit, running through that line-up from top to bottom this morning I was pretty disappointed - not entirely sure what I was expecting but this isn't really it. Top end of the bill - I get it, huge names, with massive fan bases and proven commercial success.

But come on, acts like Stormzy and Lorde who have released two/three albums between them that high up a Glastonbury line-up... maybe I'm out of touch. Can pick out half a dozen other acts that I'd like to see but it just reads like a Radio 6 daytime playlist. Complete lack of imagination. Perhaps indicative of the state of the music industry as a whole.

who would you have had ?

1 minute ago, 40 Days said:

Yeah, it probably is quite Radio 6 friendly (although Stormzy and Lorde wouldn't be on the 6 Music playlist generally).  Selfishly, that's right up my street though!

The poster has not been of particular 'importance' to me (other than being a hugely exciting build-up moment each year) for my three Glastonburys, as I am always more interested in smaller bands and even more so the dance stuff in the area drops.

That said, this is definitely the strongest poster of my three years and is a huge credit to the festival. Green Man aside, I have found this year's festival line-ups pretty bloody dreadful, and I am able to appreciate when they're good, even if it's not my kind of festival.

This year, maybe as it's pre-fallow, maybe because that's just how it fell and the bookers have done well, this is very impressive.

If they continue this model into the area drops, I might be on for my best ever festival!

:)

Ben

2 minutes ago, 40 Days said:

It's just the nature of the modern day

Stormzy and Lorde are absolutely ginormous... you have to open the gates to the future of music, eavis has to strike the fire while its hot

Not a bad lineup, if I was going I would be fairly happy with it, but after last years mud bath I deceived never to bother again, been to a few to many in last few years. Hopefully they won't get much rain before or during, I'll miss the live music though, it's only reason I ever went,seen some really good stuff there..Nothing Like It. 

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Doesn't really seem substantially better or worse than the average.  Plenty to see in the mid section with a largely awful top tier.

Katy Perry aside, not much came out of left field.

Just because you don't like them doesn't mean they are awful, just means you don't like them

Think it looks great. Far better than I'd expected. I think this stage the last couple of years I had maybe one or two I was excited by, and another 5 or 6 I was looking forward to.

This year those number are doubled. And with Radiohead and The National there.... I've got my two biggest wishes.

I think it's a pretty good first release. Looking down the poster there is at least one act, quite often more, on each line that I want to see.

Strongest depth of the ones I've been to since 2010 I'd say, although I did miss 13 & 15, which watching from the outside looked very good 

3 minutes ago, Vanderlyle said:

Ha. They were the first new band I went for after this morning's poster. Just finished III and it was great.

if you get the chance, watch this. Its very very good. Not too long either so you'll have plenty of time to study the rest of the lineup :)