Acts missing from line up?

johnny-yen

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, briddj said:

They played in 2015 and generally Glasto doesn't take "album in full" tours.

Ah I didn't realise they did 2015. I got tickets for Manchester luckily, glad I took the punt on them not being at Glastonbury 

Well there goes my 90s ambient/electronica dream - no leftfield, orbital or aphex twin. Hoping future sound of London or Aim will pop up somewhere 

1 hour ago, briddj said:

While Green Day appears very unlikely now, they still have tickets to sell for BST in Hyde Park and Bellahouston Park so there's every reason for them to be left off the first poster.

Another band that you'd wonder 'where they'd fit' if they were still to be announced - unless they'd go for middle of the day on pyramid / other?  Doesn't seem likely

1 hour ago, briddj said:

While Green Day appears very unlikely now, they still have tickets to sell for BST in Hyde Park and Bellahouston Park so there's every reason for them to be left off the first poster.

would be most welcome, both alt-j and lorde are playing the twin festival in germany they're playing.

but where would they fit in now?

RH, Sheeran, Foo's

XX, Biffy, Katy perry

Major Lazer, Alt-j, The national

might switch national and perry and have Green day headline other. I dunno if 3rd down in reasonable for Perry, Shakira when she played a few years ago didn't sub IRC, and she was huge back then. not quite as big as Perry tho

Edited by Ovechkin

3 minutes ago, Ovechkin said:

would be most welcome, both alt-j and lorde are playing the twin festival in germany they're playing.

but where would they fit in now?

RH, Sheeran, Foo's

XX, Biffy, Katy perry

Major Lazer, Alt-j, The national

might switch national and perry and have Green day headline other. I dunno if 3rd down in reasonable for Perry, Shakira when she played a few years ago didn't sub IRC, and she was huge back then. not quite as big as Perry tho

Perry will surely sub Pyramid. It is difficult to fit GD in.

1 hour ago, not worthy said:

Do any of the 'exclusives' at other festivals really mean anything.

Future Islands where 'exclusive' for green man when first announced

Is it just exclusive up to the point that they announce elsewhere just to try to grab ticket sales? seems odd to me how fluid this can be

What I think it is, is the band is an exclusive at the time that they were booked, so really they are 'exclusive' per say

then that band gets booked for something else so they aren't. But I doubt future islands were booked to be an exclusive, I just reckon they didn't have a glasto confirmation at the time

2 hours ago, 1waveydavey said:

Franks working on a very politically themed new album? Really?

Yeah - the plan had been to do a concept album about underappreciated women in history or something like that, but it morphed into a more politically driven record as he's very angry about the whole Trump thing.

I was surprised too given the grief he's taken in the past for his political stuff but it seems like he doesn't care anymore.

http://www.nme.com/news/music/frank-turner-next-album-inspired-donald-trump-1864130

1 hour ago, Warbler said:

Anything on Everything Everything, missed them back in 2015, looks like they have new music on the way 

They've just announced shows in Manchester on June 20 and London on June 21, so I think we can very much presume they are at the farm. YES!

7 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Apologies if already mentioned - this forum is reaching supersonic levels of activity and even I'm struggling to keep up.

Would be a little sad if, by the time the full line up drops, there is a conspicuous Blanck Mass shaped hole in it.

Ben

You and me both. My inner cool cucumber has exploded trying to take it all in.

4 hours ago, magliad said:

Well there goes my 90s ambient/electronica dream - no leftfield, orbital or aphex twin. Hoping future sound of London or Aim will pop up somewhere 

The Orb in The Glade on Thursday could be decent compensation. Assuming you can get in. I assume it'll be rammed. 

Festival feels a little 'lightweight'.  Need some more heavy hitters.  Where the hell are the following?

• Bjork
  • Chemical Brothers
  • Fat Boy Slim
  • Prodigy
  • Aphex Twin
  • Daft Punk
  • Sigur Ros
  • Bon Iver
  • Real Estate
  • Chvrches

Really hope some of them will be added as well as...

• Blood Orange
  • Mitski
  • Jamilia Woods

1 hour ago, hermano said:

Festival feels a little 'lightweight'.  Need some more heavy hitters.  Where the hell are the following?

• Bjork
  • Chemical Brothers
  • Fat Boy Slim
  • Prodigy
  • Aphex Twin
  • Daft Punk
  • Sigur Ros
  • Bon Iver
  • Real Estate
  • Chvrches

Really hope some of them will be added as well as...

• Blood Orange
  • Mitski
  • Jamilia Woods

Sigur Ros and Chvrches both played last year in reasonably high positions (headlined John Peel and second down on the Other)

Fat Boy Slim is there and as for Daft Punk....will it ever happen? Don't think so myself.