Acts missing from line up?

johnny-yen

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Pretenders and Jackson Browne were two that I was hoping for, and I can't see them as the types of acts that would be left off a poster.

Katy Perry is a great booking, but I see Lady Gaga as the more talented of the two and was quite looking forward to seeing her. KP is even more mainstream pop than Gaga. I'm really starting to regret choosing The Specials over Gaga in '09 now, and wish i hadn't just walked by her 3am Club gig in SE corner later on that friday as well...

Real Estate surely will be there, just not poster-worthy

Ashcroft (again) and Liam would have been nice. I thought Regina Spektor would be there, perhaps she will be. They rarely put Acoustic Stage artists on main poster unless it's an Art Garfunkel or something, right?

Elbow the Friday 'surprise' Other opener I hope?

No Bonobo. Was expecting him to take a big slot too. Hope it doesn't turn out to just do a DJ set. Also does someone think they might be missing a JP/West holts/Park headliner from the poster? They usually miss 1 or 2 big names (Tame Impala in 2016, Paul Weller in 2015, Ellie Goulding in 2014). This year it doesn't look like they've missed any Pyramid subs or Other subs like they often do so maybe a headliner for a smaller stage. Also who are the Pyramid sub? It looks like there are 4 there worthy of it. Biffy Clyro are definitely subbing Foo Fighters, then Katy Perry is probably doing the sunday. It's whether The National are 3rd down on the Pyramid on Friday or maybe headlining Other on Sunday? Or The XX are actually subbing Ed Sheeran and Katy Perry is 3rd down like with Ellie Goulding last year. I feel that would be really mean on The XX though... Beck definitely struggled and I hope they've learnt from that.

Just now, geoffboycott said:

Indeed, it was top of my must sees, but the show was heavily aimed at the new album and was before the guys reunited.  The Leftism 22 anni show would be quite different.

True, but Glasto as a rule generally does not book bands doing "nostalgia album sets."

I definitely thought bonobo was on lock. Bon Iver? The weekend with a secret appearance from daft punk? I was really hoping for someone to step into those lcd soundsytem shoes. Wishful thinking to see st. Vincent, death from above 1979, metric, wintersleep, arkells, but they could still be added

I thought we might get A Tribe Called Quest or Damien Marley, I did also have the Weeknd as highly likely in my opinion so that's a shame.

I'm hoping for Richard Ashcroft, Public Service Broadcasting, Crystal Fighters and DJ Format and Abdominal.

Edited by simplyrob