Acts missing from line up?

johnny-yen

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

Was hoping (with no more evidence than vague tour dates) that Sylvan Esso would be on the bill.

Saw them at a little gig a few weeks back, somebody shouted Glastonbury while they were talking about coming back in summer and we got a quiet, coy "yeah" in response.

52 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Same here. If I was choosing a festival for the lineup it'd be Download. Understand that Glasto isn't a metal fest, but a couple of bands would be welcome.

Yeah I've always thought it odd that it covers so much music but doesn't do much in the way of metal (particularly compared to the 90's) ... but then they had BMTH and Metallica headlined, and they had Motorhead.... but still, Gojira, Mastodon, Dillinger Escape Plan,... any of the Stoner bands that veer into bluesy jams, would certainly work I think.  Particularly if John Peel stage were staying true to what he played on the radio :)

9 minutes ago, alien said:

Orbital

Slowdive

Dunno what the chances are of either of them playing

I refused to give up hope on Orbital and still don't to a degree but with one of them saying it is unlikely they will be there, I highly doubt they will be. 

Was pretty sure A Tribe Called Quest, Richard Ashcroft and Liam Gallagher would be on it. 

Could be that Ashcroft is still trying to punt tickets for his own shows and didn't want to be on that poster. With Liam Gallagher could possibly be due to the fact he hasn't released any material yet. Confident they will still be there. 

Edited by LSF

Jesus and Mary Chain, really thought they'd be on there. As soon as I saw it though I grazed it for Greenday and SOAD!

Still loads more to come, more suprises. When Billy Talent get added to play Leftfield. My shit will be lost!

ever the optimist 

I'm sure on 6 Music at about 08:45 when they were running through the announcement they added a couple of names. Sounded like Julia Jacklin and one other that I couldn't make out. 

Can't spot Julia Jacklin on the poster but really hoping she's there!