Franky

Secret Glasto text alerts

Will this be a Twitter based thing really?

I'm not so fluent on Twitter, it's not my go to social media wise and especially after a few 

Well done all involved. While I dont use it personally, its great that you go to the effort.

I've received the notifications both from Twitter and on text the last few years but I haven't received anything from the last two tweets.. anyone any idea why that would be? On a Samsung Galaxy 7 if that helps..

So far the suspects are

Fatboyslim in shittv

Elbow in park

liam on other 

ed sheeran on coissant nerf 

craig david in Stonebridge 

daft punk in the tiny tea tent

Have I missed any?

Sorry if this has already been posted (I did scan through the entire thread but couldn't see anything), but is there a way to receive the tweets via text? I'll be taking an old Samsung with no internet, and my boyfriend who doesn't go to Glasto and usually informs me of any secret sets has selfishly decided to go on a stag weekend this year. I'm on o2 if that changes anything. 

13 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

Sorry if this has already been posted (I did scan through the entire thread but couldn't see anything), but is there a way to receive the tweets via text? I'll be taking an old Samsung with no internet, and my boyfriend who doesn't go to Glasto and usually informs me of any secret sets has selfishly decided to go on a stag weekend this year. I'm on o2 if that changes anything. 

twitter.PNG

Just now, briddj said:

twitter.PNG

Thanks...but which of those do I choose? I don't really use Twitter so it's all new!

4 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

Thanks...but which of those do I choose? I don't really use Twitter so it's all new!

You'd need to turn ON mobile notifications.

And have your settings right in Mobile in your account.

twitter2.PNG

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, briddj said:

twitter2.PNG

Great, thank you! And this should text me whatever they tweet (and not just that they tweeted)?

Edited by barkley87

That should work, yes. You can follow an account which tweets a lot, like BBC Sport, to see if they come through as texts though?

10 hours ago, briddj said:

twitter2.PNG

How do you get to this screen man?, I've looked

4 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

How do you get to this screen man?, I've looked

You might have a slightly different list of options, but the two that matter should be there.

twitter3.PNG

twitter4.PNG

Edited by briddj
  • Upvote 2

26 minutes ago, briddj said:

You might have a slightly different list of options, but the two that matter should be there.

twitter3.PNG

twitter4.PNG

Just changed password on the computer instead of phone and checked, for some reason by phone number is on twitter but the box to check for mobile tweet text messages wasn't so it must have been disabled somehow or unckecked through changed of phone or something but I should get them now. Last year unless my phone was on data I couldn't so now I can preserve the battery hopefully and only use data when needed. I'll take the cheap phone that holds but much preferred last year using my proper phone instead.

I don't have the turn off updates during these hour ticked but I don't see that being an issue?

Edited by thewayiam

3 hours ago, briddj said:

That should work, yes. You can follow an account which tweets a lot, like BBC Sport, to see if they come through as texts though?

Thank you, you're an absolute star! I'll try it this evening.

It took me ages to set it up a few years ago as I hate Twitter but once the texts are set up it's a god send ! Although everything comes through twice but I'm happy to live with that lol :) 

22 hours ago, musky said:

On another note, are any test tweets planned? 

I plan doing my final tweet on Thursday, come Friday it will be time to hand over the secretglasto keys to the 2017 person to implement their manifesto of secrets.                                                            

Edited by august1

2 minutes ago, august1 said:

I plan doing my final tweet on Thursday, come Friday it will be time to hand over the secretglasto keys to the 2017 person to implement their manifesto of secrets.                                                            

Ah, after your last tweet I did wonder if you'd do another on Thursday. Thanks for all the good work last year. :)

5 hours ago, Franky said:

It took me ages to set it up a few years ago as I hate Twitter but once the texts are set up it's a god send ! Although everything comes through twice but I'm happy to live with that lol :) 

Ha! I'll give myself a few hours to sort it out then!

Yeh doesn't work for me, I get iPhone notifications but not SMS, I'm in three so should work!

hoping this thread is kept up to date when we are at glasto with any TBAs!

37 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Who's doing it this year? I'll probably have some info to send em.

Not sure tbh . Mark or Stu will know. Feel free to dm secretglasto on twitter so I can have a nose :P

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, august1 said:

Not sure tbh . Mark or Stu will know. Feel free to dm secretglasto on twitter so I can have a nose :P

Yeah, that's the best bet. There'll be a thread to gather everything soon that can be out in public. Just need to make sure it's not created too soon so the edit period expires before the festival.