Secret Glasto text alerts

Franky

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 minutes ago, NorthernChris said:

For anyone worrying about the Zapier trial period - mine has already run out (so I'm on the free plan) and the text came through fine ☺️

For zapier, is it just sign up, click connected, link your twitter in with username and password login and press test to check success?

2 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

So only just realised Three have pulled support for SMS notifications after I tested it was all working a couple of months ago.

Just signed up to that IFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTT thing. Are there any more test Tweets going out pre-Festival? If not, I'll trust to luck!

You missed a final test tweet this morning but I'm sure another will be incoming soon. Zapier works fine on the ones I've set up.

5 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Someone explain this zapier thing to me. What are the steps involved? I've just signed up

Off the top of my head, the steps are vaguely, as follows. Select new Zap, select Twitter zap for 'User Tweets', connect it up to SecretGlasto. Follow the instructions, connect it to sms by entering your number. Blah blah blah. Input the code sent to your mobile number, that kind of thing. Remember to turn it on at the end. It's all fairly straight forward once you get going. Let us know how you get on.

Edited by jyoung

3 minutes ago, jyoung said:

Off the top of my head, the steps are vaguely, as follows. Select new Zap, select Twitter zap for 'User Tweets', connect it up to SecretGlasto. Follow the instructions, connect it to sms by entering your number. Blah blah blah. Input the code sent to your mobile number, that kind of thing. Remember to turn it on at the end. It's all fairly straight forward once you get going. Let us know how you get on.

Yep. I think I've done it.

The only bit that confused me was the linking to twitter. I thought they wanted my twitter account linked and then use the notifications set to that, but its the secretglasto twitter feed that needs linking yes? I got the texts through so I think its all good.

Does it send two texts everytime? I got the last tweet sent out and a stock message "This is a test messge from Zapier". Does it do that for every alert or just for these tests.

4 minutes ago, mjsell said:

The only bit that confused me was the linking to twitter. I thought they wanted my twitter account linked and then use the notifications set to that, but its the secretglasto twitter feed that needs linking yes? I got the texts through so I think its all good.

Does it send two texts everytime? I got the last tweet sent out and a stock message "This is a test messge from Zapier". Does it do that for every alert or just for these tests.

How'd you link the secret glasto account without the password?

2 minutes ago, mjsell said:

Sounds like job done, my friend. You get a few of those test messages at first. Not sure why. Think they send it every time a change is made setting up or whatever. But from now on you should only receive the texts that SecretGlasto tweet. I agree the initial Twitter link part was confusing! All good to go now though! Buzzin.

3 minutes ago, PorkSoda said:

How'd you link the secret glasto account without the password?

Linking probably was the worng word to use.

They were just asking for the twitter username you want alerts from. So just put in @secretglasto and you're away.

2 minutes ago, somecoolusername said:

Can this be done on a non-smartphone? I want the alerts but don't really want to take my iPhone!

Any phone mate, all you need is a number. I've set them up on a smart phone and an old blower. Taking both.

17 minutes ago, Andeeroo said:

Are the set times still going to be tweeted in the text of the tweet for sure @mr flow?

I'm sure images of the Crow's Nest board etc.will be retweeted but it would be helpful for those of us with internet free phones if they could be tweeted out in the text of the tweet too :)

Yes of course. I'll tweet it out in text format.

4 hours ago, mr flow said:

I'm not sure we will be doing another tweet before the festival as don't want to inundate people before the festival, but if enough people on here still need to set it up, i'll send out a new tweet later :)

Would appreciate that mate. Set up IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTT and Zappatron. Hopefully one of them will work. Zappy pulled one of your old tweets so bodes well for the future.

I've only ever attended one Secret Set at Glastonbury, and the artist had pulled out of it through illness :lol: How exciting to see Elbow yet again at the Park, or someone I've never heard of at John Peel

34 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Would appreciate that mate. Set up IFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFTTTTTTTTTTTTT and Zappatron. Hopefully one of them will work. Zappy pulled one of your old tweets so bodes well for the future.

I've only ever attended one Secret Set at Glastonbury, and the artist had pulled out of it through illness :lol: How exciting to see Elbow yet again at the Park, or someone I've never heard of at John Peel

Will send one first thing tomorrow....