Secret Glasto text alerts

Franky

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi all

Firstly, the guy running this is a hero!

Secondly, i've set up Zapier for all my text alert needs, but there seem to be lots of recommendations on here to wait to ensure your premium trial runs during the festival.

Whilst obviously it can't hurt, as far as I can tell tell the free service should work fine for what we need it for - no need for premium!

Screenshot_20170614-105114_01.thumb.png.2b0825d4ceba8709521f7b971314ba07.png

23 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Thanks, I'm assuming the Workflow is the one which also pairs up with Messagebird. I've signed up for that but it reckons I've only got 9 credit? Or is their a Workflow which doesn't include Messagebird?

No need to use messagebird as Zapier handle the SMS side of things.

https://zapier.com/app/editor/template/2128

Edited by cloudb

1 hour ago, carlosj said:

If you're talking about Twitter sending mobile notifications, then I think that's been stopped, certainly for 3 who confirmed that to me this week. :-(

I can actually activate mobile notifications via SMS on my festival phone, so it appears to work. It's just that when I go to secret Glasto to turn on notifications all I get is a message telling me to turn on mobile notifications. Which is weird, because I turned on notifications for the Glasto thingy and someone on here a week ago with no problems ( didn't actually receive ant texts though). I've since turned them off and now can't turn them back on. 

Anyone on here using 3 mobile who received the test tweet via text?

For anyone trying to set up Zapier, this template should work -

https://zapier.com/app/editor/template/16655

Just follow it through and connect your accounts (and remember to start your phone number with your country code eg +44 . . . the caught me out the first time)

Oh, and remember to turn the Zap on at the end!

Edited by NorthernChris
Forgot a bit!

3 minutes ago, doosrawin said:

Can anyone confirm if zapier will work beyond the free trial? Post above suggests so but has anyone actually used it for text notifications using just the free version?

my free trial is due to end next Tuesday :(

I signed up for it about 2-3 years ago and I'm still getting the texts. Not sure how as I completely forgot what I did back then, but I definitely don't pay anything for it.

2 hours ago, musky said:

It's just that when I go to secret Glasto to turn on notifications all I get is a message telling me to turn on mobile notifications.

Exact problem I encountered, my network is Tesco Mobile. Having to rely on Zapier now so fingers crossed.

I must have sent this up a while back - all seems to be working fine. 

Although when I got a text saying 'Morning' at the end of March, it baffled me and I ignored it. Followed by the don't forget to register to vote text. I was sure I was being stalked. The Oasis tweet made me chuckle though. So thankfully, not being stalked. Why I shared that I don't know! 

7 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

I must have sent this up a while back - all seems to be working fine. 

Although when I got a text saying 'Morning' at the end of March, it baffled me and I ignored it. Followed by the don't forget to register to vote text. I was sure I was being stalked. The Oasis tweet made me chuckle though. So thankfully, not being stalked. Why I shared that I don't know! 

Or perhaps you're being stalked by SecretGlasto? :blink:

6 minutes ago, sheffieldlady said:

Maybe.. should I be worried?

We've had 2 secretglasto texts so far on what you're up to today. That should stop once we get more details on the TBAs though.

:P

2 hours ago, doosrawin said:

Can anyone confirm if zapier will work beyond the free trial? Post above suggests so but has anyone actually used it for text notifications using just the free version?

my free trial is due to end next Tuesday :(

Can't confirm but based on the post earlier it does appear that free trial is restricted to workflows that only have a single trigger and a single action.  This would cover the tweet to SMS workflow that does the job.