Secret Glasto text alerts

Franky

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, Nobody Interesting said:

I gave up trying to get my texts to work so wil do the old fashioned looking at the website thng - can @SecretGlasto please tweet something so I can see if my shortcut I have set up works OK please.

Yeah, I'm just about at the point where I'm going to give up on it as well. It worked fine a couple of years ago but trying to turn on notifications on the secret Glasto page just brings up a dialogue saying I've got to enable mobile notifications (they are), and clicking the 'turn on mobile notifications' button just takes you to a help page. 

I've now turned on mobile notifications from my phone, which I can see from my settings page has also enabled notifications from Twitter themselves as well as retweets (which I'd had turned off), but I still get told on the secret Glasto page that I need to turn on mobile notifications. :huh:

If it's not working tonight I'm resigning myself to the fact that it's not going to work at all. 

On 2017-6-9 at 9:50 AM, musky said:

Yeah, I'm just about at the point where I'm going to give up on it as well. It worked fine a couple of years ago but trying to turn on notifications on the secret Glasto page just brings up a dialogue saying I've got to enable mobile notifications (they are), and clicking the 'turn on mobile notifications' button just takes you to a help page. 

I've now turned on mobile notifications from my phone, which I can see from my settings page has also enabled notifications from Twitter themselves as well as retweets (which I'd had turned off), but I still get told on the secret Glasto page that I need to turn on mobile notifications. :huh:

If it's not working tonight I'm resigning myself to the fact that it's not going to work at all. 

If you're talking about Twitter sending mobile notifications, then I think that's been stopped, certainly for 3 who confirmed that to me this week. :-(

58 minutes ago, Badlands said:

Could anyone explain how Zapier.com work?? I'm on EE this year but using a rudimentary handset so will rely on texts. 

Sign up for account and get 14 days of premium features free which includes SMS. 

Set up a workflow to send SMS on someone tweeting. It's one of the options listed when you add twitter and SMS as your fave applications. 

It then walks you through the process where you have to enter your twitter account details, the secretglasto handle and a UK phone number. 

It also provides you with tests along the way to help ensuring all is set up correctly. 

I just got an SMS proving that it's working. 

Edited by cloudb

4 minutes ago, Stretlow said:

Had mine set up on there for ages but haven't received a text.

Any ideas?

Sorry, no. That would require me to be a bit techy. I just set it up pre-2015 and have left it to chunter along since then.

(Got another alert through at 10:11)

20 minutes ago, cloudb said:

Sign up for account and get 14 days of premium features free which includes SMS. 

Set up a workflow to send SMS on someone tweeting. It's one of the options listed when you add twitter and SMS as your fave applications. 

It then walks you through the process where you have to enter your twitter account details, the secretglasto handle and a UK phone number. 

It also provides you with tests along the way to help ensuring all is set up correctly. 

I just got an SMS proving that it's working. 

Thanks, I'm assuming the Workflow is the one which also pairs up with Messagebird. I've signed up for that but it reckons I've only got 9 credit? Or is their a Workflow which doesn't include Messagebird?

10 minutes ago, Fishman said:

Sorry, no. That would require me to be a bit techy. I just set it up pre-2015 and have left it to chunter along since then.

(Got another alert through at 10:11)

Got it.. after 40 minutes.... not... good... enough... going to have ago at the other one (zapier) ?