Secret Glasto text alerts

Franky

Will we get anymore 'test tweets' prior to the festival? It's worked perfectly for me in years gone by but the last two tweets I haven't had a tweet notification or text notification despite having both switched on. Starting to worry me a tad given the latest info on secret slots..

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You need to make sure your mobile number is correct in your account settings, then go to the @SecretGlasto twitter profile and enable mobile notifications using the menu on the right hand side.

Second from bottom (mine is already turned on...)

You can test it by turning on notifications (then later turning off) for an account that tweets a lot rather than wait for secret glasto to tweet

secret.PNG

On 20/05/2017 at 2:02 PM, Cabaret_Tent said:

Sorry for the belated response. If you use the clashfinder you need to ensure you add the Cabaret stage as it isn't on the default settings. That has all the acts on to (but can be hard to read due to the sheer number of acts)

Also apologies for being belated.

No, I don't use clashfinder. Not since it got too big too be able to read, as you said.

I went back to using pen, paper and this page:

http://www.glastonburyfestivals.co.uk/line-up/line-up-2017/?stage

... and then make a list and carry it around with me all weekend. I really must get 'round to it this year.

Also @SecretGlasto Twitter alerts.

Oh. Typed the above and realised this is your thread. It's been a while since I've been on efests :P. Time for bed.

Total respect for this twitter feed. If you only follow one thing whilst there, this is it.

14 hours ago, briddj said:

Looks like there's a monthly limit of 10 SMS a month sadly.

13 hours ago, idb said:

I think the same was said before last year's festival and it users received more than 10 texts. 

I've still got IFTTT from two years ago. It worked fine last year and is still working fine as I have another couple of Twitterers attached to it. I'm just too lazy to turn it off.

I got a text from secretglasto about registration closing back in May but didn't get anything from the voting tweet today. Not sure how I went about setting up text alerts, it may have been through the Twitter app. 

EDIT: Nevermind, turns out I had removed my phone number from Twitter at some point.

Edited by mf_2005