Bonobo

pauladam

Just watching the Bonobo set from the 6 music festival ....amazing!! - I believe he is pretty much nailed on ...where does everyone think he will appear (sorry if covered in another post!) - would love a park headline - Thoughts?

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could headline any of West Holts (worst case scenario - would be a bit underwhelming for me personally), John Peel (about right) or the Park (maybe too big). Like his new album but doubt I'll be catching him this year due to him inevitably headlining a stage and the clashes that come with that.

Just now, FloorFiller said:

Could headline any of West Holts (worst case scenario - would be a bit underwhelming for me personally), John Peel (about right) or the Park (maybe too big). Like his new album but doubt I'll be catching him this year due to him inevitably headlining a stage and the clashes that come with that.

Yeah...clashes could be pretty severe this year I think!

11 minutes ago, pauladam said:

Just watching the Bonobo set from the 6 music festival ....amazing!! - I believe he is pretty much nailed on ...where does everyone think he will appear (sorry if covered in another post!) - would love a park headline - Thoughts?

Think he'll headline JP. Could also do WH but he subbed that stage 3 years ago so would expect him to be on a different stage this time. Could also do Park but as FloorFiller says he's probably a bit too big now.

1 minute ago, Will-2609 said:

Think he'll headline JP. Could also do WH but he subbed that stage 3 years ago so would expect him to be on a different stage this time. Could also do Park but as FloorFiller says he's probably a bit too big now.

Yeah - I did wonder that too - although.. Park has had some pretty big names close before of who I think might have similar size following? (Mogwai, Jamie XX for example) - I guess I'm a sucker for Park (and generally once you're up there....sod going back down only to come back up again :D )

9 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I imagine he'll be on Friday with that Bristol gig on the Wednesday so doubt I'll see him sadly. Still going wih Friday West Holts headliner, I reckon it'd be really good if the 6music set is anything to go by but no chance I'd miss Radiohead.

Yeah you're probably right :(

32 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Is the park bigger than the JP?. The sign at the bottom of the park says it holds 10,000

Just now, FuzzyDunlop said:

Is the park bigger than the JP?. The sign at the bottom of the park says it holds 10,000

I think so yeah - I'd say that the acts (for the most part) that headline JP are bigger, anyway.

Bonobo being on the Friday would be fine by me as I've already settled with the fact I'll be missing him so no great loss.

23 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

would his style really carry well as a WH headliner? I just can't see it being powerful or fun enough. would be a bit of a damp end to the night imo, unless his live show is drastically diff to his albums. Park headliner sounds better in all honesty

His set on Saturday was pretty different to what I expected, much more powerful and heavier than a lot of the stuff on record. I agree Park is maybe better suited but I feel he's a better fit for West Holts in terms of size now.

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

His set on Saturday was pretty different to what I expected, much more powerful and heavier than a lot of the stuff on record. I agree Park is maybe better suited but I feel he's a better fit for West Holts in terms of size now.

Hmm yeah, just skimmed through the bbc video of 2014 on the WH. There's too many people there for the Park. I skimmed the 6 Music fest video too but there seem to be a rather smaller amount of people there. Has he done enough to move up to a WH headliner though? I personally find his music very lovely, albeit not overly exciting so perhaps it's just me, but headliner on the WH still seems a bit out of reach for him. JP headliner maybe, or perhaps a midday Pyramid slot maybe? It's quite a difficult one to place to be honest

20 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Hmm yeah, just skimmed through the bbc video of 2014 on the WH. There's too many people there for the Park. I skimmed the 6 Music fest video too but there seem to be a rather smaller amount of people there. Has he done enough to move up to a WH headliner though? I personally find his music very lovely, albeit not overly exciting so perhaps it's just me, but headliner on the WH still seems a bit out of reach for him. JP headliner maybe, or perhaps a midday Pyramid slot maybe? It's quite a difficult one to place to be honest

Sold out all the UK dates on his tour at decent sized venues, albeit there wasn't loads of dates, so he's a pretty big deal these days. The venue he played at the 6music festival only holds 2000 tbf. I think either JP or WH headline, he'd be wasted on the Pyramid but as you say it's hard to nail down one slot he's very likely for.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I think so yeah - I'd say that the acts (for the most part) that headline JP are bigger, anyway.

Bonobo being on the Friday would be fine by me as I've already settled with the fact I'll be missing him so no great loss.

Noooooooooooooo!

I am breaking my uber-hipster status and seeing a Pyramid headliner on Friday.

So Bonobo for Sat or Sun, please.

Probably not quite there for WH headliner, but Sunday night there would be spot on for me. Lovely dance party at WH before heading off to the SEC for last-night debauchery.

Ben