Bonobo

pauladam

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It ain't ideal but right now he's probably my 2nd most wanted for Saturday JP after RTJ. Even then I dunno if I'd see him over Foos. Probably watch the beginning of Foos and see if they're holding my attention. Not bovved about seeing Solange but the other stages may have good subs so I'm getting a bit ahead of myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Bonobo announced for Body & Soul festival in Ireland the same weekend as Glastonbury 23rd - 25th June, apparently closing the main stage on Sunday night.

http://nialler9.com/band/bonobo/

Edit: Actually he is down for Saturday night on his website, so maybe a Sunday slot for ya after all.

Edited by Frrrraaappp head

17 minutes ago, Frrrraaappp head said:

Bonobo announced for Body & Soul festival in Ireland the same weekend as Glastonbury 23rd - 25th June, apparently closing the main stage on Sunday night.

http://nialler9.com/band/bonobo/

Edit: Actually he is down for Saturday night on his website, so maybe a Sunday slot for ya after all.

Oh I fucking hope he's Sunday freeing up Saturday JP for RTJ.

Do we know Justice are headlining WH on the Sunday?  Because I still see Bonobo as a WH headliner.

Would ruin my Soulwax -> Justice Glasto finale though :sorry:

Edit: Or just do we know the Sunday WH headliner, I may be behind if there's been any further info regarding Justice.

Edit 2: And whilst he's almost nailed on, the self confirmation was from Vogue - is it enough of a source?

Edited by zeppelin
Add to post

11 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

Do we know Justice are headlining WH on the Sunday?  Because I still see Bonobo as a WH headliner.

Edit: Or just do we know the Sunday WH headliner, I may be behind if there's been any further info regarding Justice.

Edit 2: And whilst he's almost nailed on, the self confirmation was from Vogue - is it enough of a source?

Justice are playing the Sunday but not confirmed to be the WH headliner - there just doesn't really seem to be another appropriate slot for then, unless Neil's info of them being on Other was right after all and they sub BBK (which could well work).

Think Bonobo's gonna end up mid/high Other myself - three or four down.

8 minutes ago, zeppelin said:

We don't know, but West Holts headliner is a perfect fit for Justice imo. Can only see them headlining a stage and Other and JP are spoken for (BBK and Metronomy), whereas Bonobo played in the middle of the afternoon on the main stage at Coachella, so him being evening Other Stage or something could easily happen (even though at first it didn't feel right to me). He also played WH last time he played and a return to the same stage doesn't seem too likely.

I guess the only chance of it happening is if Justice either sub Other (would tie in with the time given by their bandsintown listing), or they're playing after BBK as a closing set (similar to what we think The xx and Deadmau5 may have done in recent years, which would tie in with Neil's info about them headlining Other).

Think they're just gonna be on WH though with Bonobo evening Other. Second scenario I mentioned above would be perfect for me, mind, as I don't wanna miss either of Justice or BBK.

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Justice are playing the Sunday but not confirmed to be the WH headliner - there just doesn't really seem to be another appropriate slot for then, unless Neil's info of them being on Other was right after all and they sub BBK (which could well work).

Justice closing set after BBK "headline" please.

6 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

4 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

We don't know, but West Holts headliner is a perfect fit for Justice imo. Can only see them headlining a stage and Other and JP are spoken for (BBK and Metronomy), whereas Bonobo played in the middle of the afternoon on the main stage at Coachella, so him being evening Other Stage or something could easily happen (even though at first it didn't feel right to me). He also played WH last time he played and a return to the same stage doesn't seem too likely.

I guess the only chance of it happening is if Justice either sub Other (would tie in with the time given by their bandsintown listing), or they're playing after BBK as a closing set (similar to what we think The xx and Deadmau5 may have done in recent years, which would tie in with Neil's info about them headlining Other).

Think they're just gonna be on WH though with Bonobo evening Other. Second scenario I mentioned above would be perfect for me, mind, as I don't wanna miss either of Justice or BBK.

Thanks both.  I'd forgotten the knowns of Justice Sunday, Metronomy JP and BBK Other.  Not quite with it apparently!

I guess I'd assumed WH on the basis he's played the stage the last two times he played.  In my head a non-headlining spot on a different stage wasn't even a consideration but given where he played at Coachella (hadn't see that, cheers) it could very easily happen - especially on other!

Justice wise, I'm hoping for WH headliner!  Will be such a good end to the weekend.

• 3 weeks later...
1 minute ago, KingOfSnake said:

any more info on Bonobo making an appearance this year ?

He self confirmed in Vogue magazine of all places I believe. So we're basically just waiting for the full lineup and guessing at his position.