Bonobo

pauladam

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Considering he's self confirmed is it a safe bet to say he's a strong candidate for our seemingly missing (probably Friday) WH headliner? Seems a bit weak to me but guess he's taken off quite a bit recently and other than maybe JP headliner that seems like the only place for him.

Park Headliner one night? Are they normally on the first poster?

Bonobo sunday park headliner would suit me.

3 hours ago, mikegday said:

6music said something earlier about Bonobo and Emily Eavis coming up on music news, but then it wasn't mentioned on the music news? Maybe they realised it shouldn't be talked about.

they did the Bonobo thing. They talked about Glasto.

I'm pretty sure it's something they've played in the past, too. It might even be where the Bonobo at Glasto originally came from (I forget).

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Considering he's self confirmed is it a safe bet to say he's a strong candidate for our seemingly missing (probably Friday) WH headliner? Seems a bit weak to me but guess he's taken off quite a bit recently and other than maybe JP headliner that seems like the only place for him.

Perfect.

Except NOT FRIDAY!!!

PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSSE!

:o

Ben

They just had this on 6Music again now, talking about them being announced as playing yesterday (which they weren't), along with an excerpt of him talking about the festival.

Incidentally the Guardian article has been updated to say two artists were removed from their list of confirmations... which ones?

5 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Nothing is concrete yet.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dunno about 'weak' - it's all gonna kick off when he drops this all time belter

Robert_Miles_-_Children_(Cover).jpg

What has this got to do with Bonobo?

1 hour ago, Drinky said:

They just had this on 6Music again now, talking about them being announced as playing yesterday (which they weren't), along with an excerpt of him talking about the festival.

Incidentally the Guardian article has been updated to say two artists were removed from their list of confirmations... which ones?

Blossoms and Julia Jacklin

1 hour ago, Drinky said:

I can find two pairs who have had their positions swapped from the first poster till now - but nothing has been removed as things are now (they might have disappeared in between, I don't know).

On the poster, the positions o Dynamo & Halsey have been swapped around, as have Future Islands and The Avalanches.

38 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I can find two pairs who have had their positions swapped from the first poster till now - but nothing has been removed as things are now (they might have disappeared in between, I don't know).

On the poster, the positions o Dynamo & Halsey have been swapped around, as have Future Islands and The Avalanches.

Is it possible Dynamo maybe on an actual stage this year due to his inclusion?

57 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

neither were on the poster that I grabbed from the Glasto site as quickly as I could at 8am yesterday (the one used in the news piece)

Neither were on the poster but I've read in a couple of places that they were included in some articles at first. Maybe part of a press release that didn't exactly match the poster, although if that existed I suppose you would have got it too?

17 minutes ago, Bradders said:

Neither were on the poster but I've read in a couple of places that they were included in some articles at first. Maybe part of a press release that didn't exactly match the poster, although if that existed I suppose you would have got it too?

It's possible - probable, even - that the Guardian and the beeb get something from Glasto as they're official partners.

I'm not sure anyone else does on any regular basis (I do, but only sometimes).

Right, my lovelies

I have news.

A bit of Poirot work, including sterling efforts from @Keithy has discovered that Bonobo is:

Bristol - Wed 21 June

Netherlands (Does the Rabbit Hole) - Fri 23 June

Roskilde - Sat 24 June

Meaning that, if his self-confirm is true, and if he is playing live and so not 'just' a Thursday DJ set, he'll be playing on SUNDAY!

Meaning that the Radiohead clash is dead (die, you bastard, die) and the dream of Sunday West Holts Headliner is ALIVE (live, you sweet thing, LIVE!)

:)

Ben

5 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Right, my lovelies

I have news.

A bit of Poirot work, including sterling efforts from @Keithy has discovered that Bonobo is:

Bristol - Wed 21 June

Netherlands (Does the Rabbit Hole) - Fri 23 June

Roskilde - Sat 24 June

Meaning that, if his self-confirm is true, and if he is playing live and so not 'just' a Thursday DJ set, he'll be playing on SUNDAY!

Meaning that the Radiohead clash is dead (die, you bastard, die) and the dream of Sunday West Holts Headliner is ALIVE (live, you sweet thing, LIVE!)

Ben

he cant possibly be playing at Roskilde on the 24th, the festival proper doesn't start until the week after glastonbury 

9 minutes ago, Mezhyp1 said:

he cant possibly be playing at Roskilde on the 24th, the festival proper doesn't start until the week after glastonbury 

Gah

So, the bloody thing I read looks like this:

June 24 Roskilde
to July 1

As you were, team.

Anyway...he still isn't playing against Radiohead!

Thanks for putting me straight, Mez

Ben

2 minutes ago, bennyhana22 said:

Gah

So, the bloody thing I read looks like this:

June 24 Roskilde
to July 1

As you were, team.

Anyway...he still isn't playing against Radiohead!

Thanks for putting me straight, Mez

Ben

Sunday would do me.

Friday: Radiohead / Flaming lips

Saturday: Sasha and Digweed

Sunday: Bonobo

I'd take that for headliners, even if Bonobo isn't quite what I'd want to finish the whole festival with.