Day Splits

timeforheroes

Just now, ramragon said:

If it's last thing Friday it's probably a start time around midnight in calling out, they've been keeping the stage open as an indie disco till around 2am. Won't clash with the phonics 

This rings a bell. Were they Saturday last year ?

It was defo after the headliner.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Ahh never thought of that.

Clashes on Friday and Saturday are madness when you look at Sunday's lineup.

Sunday looking like a pub crawl to include real ale, kracken and strongbow tree followed by collapsing in front of seasick steve !

Let's just hope the monsoon doesn't start until after Steve strums his last note! I showed Mrs BR the Sunday lineup and was pretty happy as we'll get to spend more time in Chai Wallahs! She's v fond of the Tea in there and gets too pissed when the main stage lineup is back2back strong. If that Saturday lineup is right she'll be nursing a nasty hangover on Sunday!

2 hours ago, seano1988 said:

Anybody else thinking the Tim Peaks diner is a bit of a poor show this year? They've usually had a few decent bands in there in recent years but it's all a bit DJ based. The houseparty looks better this time round

Aye has been more happening in previous years. Normally take a wee wander in there.

Anybody decent in house party you can recommend.

Best I saw in there was showhawk duo the year it rained more than normal. They had made improvements to the tent itself last year but wasn't in much due to decent weather.

20 hours ago, comfortablynumb1910 said:

Aye has been more happening in previous years. Normally take a wee wander in there.

Anybody decent in house party you can recommend.

Best I saw in there was showhawk duo the year it rained more than normal. They had made improvements to the tent itself last year but wasn't in much due to decent weather.

For a good old boogie to some soul & motown i'd definately recommend 'howlin rhythm'. The fella who runs it (rick lees) used to be the bassist in twisted wheel who were a cracking punk band in manchester, supported oasis at heaton park and they play some great tracks with a brass band with them. Clint Boon will be decent aswell for an indie disco, plays plenty of madchester classics. The band 'hello operator' are cracking aswell, il be watching them

22 minutes ago, seano1988 said:

For a good old boogie to some soul & motown i'd definately recommend 'howlin rhythm'. The fella who runs it (rick lees) used to be the bassist in twisted wheel who were a cracking punk band in manchester, supported oasis at heaton park and they play some great tracks with a brass band with them. Clint Boon will be decent aswell for an indie disco, plays plenty of madchester classics. The band 'hello operator' are cracking aswell, il be watching them

Cheers. Will have a look into these :-)

18 minutes ago, smudger78 said:

Excuse my ignorance but are howlin rhythm a band and if so when are they playing?

Cheers!

No it's a couple of DJ's that play northern soul and motown music, they do a monthly set in Manchester that sells out, usually have a brass band with them to go along with the tunes being played. Not sure which day but i'd recommend it if you like a dance

36 minutes ago, seano1988 said:

No it's a couple of DJ's that play northern soul and motown music, they do a monthly set in Manchester that sells out, usually have a brass band with them to go along with the tunes being played. Not sure which day but i'd recommend it if you like a dance

Liking the sound of this.

With baggy Mondays just confirmed, is it too much to hope for craig Charles at this late stage. Sunday night please and we are sorted.

Thursday, Friday and Saturday are looking really good this year.

2 hours ago, seano1988 said:

That sounds my sort of thing as well, I'll keep an eye out for them playing

8 hours ago, ramragon said:

That sounds my sort of thing as well, I'll keep an eye out for them playing

Me too, they're playing house party tent but no words on their web which day. They do do sets with Tim Burgess though so wouldn't be surprised for them to play a set at his coffee shack. I'll ask them what day on FB and let know if they respond.

10 minutes ago, bottonrob said:

Me too, they're playing house party tent but no words on their web which day. They do do sets with Tim Burgess though so wouldn't be surprised for them to play a set at his coffee shack. I'll ask them what day on FB and let know if they respond.

Well that was a quick response! They're not sure on time but playing Friday night.

Kendal FB claimed lethal bizzle was in the glow but now list him as main stage. Dunno which day other than defo not sat as he's at y not.

Can't get over how shite they are with information. Seems entirely at odds with their general positive ethos doesn't it? 

Also Stillia self confirmed for Sunday. Not a clue who they are mind. 

How do the headliners work with the glow tent? Are they on at the same time as the main stage headliners or do they play a bit later into the night for example (no pun intended) would I be able to see Stereophonics and Faithless if they were on the same night? Never been to the festival before.

1 hour ago, Chaarlie said:

How do the headliners work with the glow tent? Are they on at the same time as the main stage headliners or do they play a bit later into the night for example (no pun intended) would I be able to see Stereophonics and Faithless if they were on the same night? Never been to the festival before.

The glow tents on till 3am, not really sure how they schedule when headline acts will appear on it, main stage headline acts will be on from around 9.15 until 10.45 so probably a fair chance they wont clash

I was under the impression that most of the 'Headliners' were on at the same time id expect the main names in the glow tent to be on at the same time as the headliners on the main and calling out etc and then there will be a few decent names on in the glow tent after them

Festivals usually do this to spread the crowd out and make sure everyone isn't heading to the same place at the same time