Day Splits

timeforheroes

London African Gospel Choir confirmed via their website to be playing on the 30th. So that the Woodlands Headliner confirmed for the Sunday. I have been hearing really good review for their Graceland performance, so will be looking forward to catching them. 

Mexrissey on the the 29th, so assuming Beatlemania on the 28th

Edited by dannyfletcher

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

9 hours ago, timeforheroes said:

Good work.

Do we know for sure those 3 are headliners?  Shame if so seem ideal mid afternoon stuff to me.

Taken from KC Facebook page

JUST ANNOUNCED! Join our headliners London Africa Choir, Mexrissey and Beatlemania for a raucous knees up on our Woodlands stage, alongside Neon Waltz, She drew the gun, Mi Mye and Everly Pregnant Brothers, plus in the day the stage will be hosted by Off Axis showcasing emerging acts such as Ded Rabbit, Liam McClair, Where Fires Are, Life At The Arcade, NEW YORK TOURISTS plus many more!

View the full Woodlands line-up and Off-Axis showcase below.

#seeyouinthefields

Yeah surely tribute bands are an ideal mid afternoon drink singalong. As Ram said, can't appeal to many over current bands.

My fingers again burnt by Kendals refusal to be clear about who is on when. 

Potential of Manics Coral Mexrissey clash is half the people I wanted to see on original poster!

11 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

My fingers again burnt by Kendals refusal to be clear about who is on when. 

Is it just me who's the cynic and thinking it's their way of making sure punters buy a lanyard on arrival? Other than that, what other reasons could there be so close to the festival to not go public with day splits?

On 25/05/2017 at 0:50 PM, thurlow84 said:

the order on the website for the main stage is FF, phonics, manics then tinie which would represent Thursday to sunday in the right order

if we apply the same logic to the calling out stage the we'd have The Coral Friday, Loyle Carner Saturday and The Hunna sunday

I'll do some proper digging though and try get it all confirmed

I'm confused by this as I thought Frank Turner was headlining Saturday night?

The narrative on the website for Frank Turner has

The amazing Frank Turner is back in the fields with us! He is our most requested artist and we’re thrilled to have Million Dead singer turned folk troubadour Frank Turner headlining our Saturday night!

Yet he is not shown on the stage splits page, but is showing on the line up pages before Tinie - Co-Headline maybe?

37 minutes ago, timeforheroes said:

That blurb is from the last time he played which was the Saturday. The website management is so amateur. British sea power weren't listed last time I looked and bios for coral and FT are years out of date.

Couldn't agree more about the website they haven't even updated the seperate stages section to add all the bands that have been added so still having to guess which stage some bands will be on.

Main stage still only showing 15 bands for example.

Ok so I reckon this is pretty much right give or take the odd one and a best stab at running order

Main stage

Thursday

Franz Ferdinand 

Frightened rabbit 

British sea power 

Man and echo 

Shimmer band

Friday

Stereophonics

Jake Bugg

Kate Nash

Circa waves

Post war glamour girls*

Bossy love

Saturday 

Manics

Brian Wilson

Editors

Feeder

Nothing but thieves

Reverend and the makers

Colonel mustard

Sunday

Tinie 

Frank Turner

Seasick Steve

Slaves

Dmas

Hotpots

Redfaces*

Edit * assumptions

Edited by timeforheroes
Assumptions *

1 hour ago, timeforheroes said:

Ok so I reckon this is pretty much right give or take the odd one and a best stab at running order

Main stage

Thursday

Franz Ferdinand 

Frightened rabbit 

British sea power 

Man and echo 

Shimmer band

Friday

Stereophonics

Jake Bugg

Kate Nash

Circa waves

Post war glamour girls*

Bossy love

Saturday 

Manics

Brian Wilson

Editors

Feeder

Nothing but thieves

Reverend and the makers

Colonel mustard

Sunday

Tinie 

Frank Turner

Seasick Steve

Slaves

Dmas

Hotpots

Redfaces*

Edit * assumptions

Saturday looks like a fab evening on the hill, Sunday looks like a fab evening for a stroll!

3 hours ago, Mr_Grump said:

If that's Sunday evening/night it's either a roam around the rest of the stages or an early drive home!

Agreed. Could be a day to try the strongbow tree / Kracken bar then chill to the jams of Seasick Steve.

The Coral in calling out would be a master stroke for the Sunday night.

Am i the only Frank Turner fan on here? It was interesting to see the Facebook post last night from KC and the (assumed) headline and sib acts getting a mention apart from him. Kendal is still on his gigs page, so sadly for some of you it looks like he is playing.

The Kendal website this year is appalling, which is a shame as a few years back it was one of the best festival websites, if not the best. If you aren't a member of this forum i am sure many will be scratching their heads  about wtf is happening. For me the festival experience starts before i get there, and Kendal hasn't done a great job this year.