Lowlands 2017

LemonLineLord

4 hours ago, neontiger8 said:

I went for the first time last year and this year I'll be back. What advice doe you need?

Nothing too specific. Just in general would you recommend it and is there anything unexpected worth noting such as maybe a certain restriction on bringing in alcohol or a difficulty with public transport to or from the campsite or maybe even the distance from the campsite to the stages etc.

I would definitely recommend it. The atmosphere at Lowlands is amazing! It's one of the more important reasons I'll be back this year. One of the reasons is that there is much more than music. They also have theater, comedy, a science program and much more. Most of it is in Dutch if I remember correctly. If you don't speak the language, I don't know how relevant it is.

When you enter the festivalsite they do check on alcohol or other drinks you take inside. On campsite however, almost everything is allowed as far as I know. 

Public transport is great in my opinion, but my advice won't be of much use. As you're from Ireland I guess you'll be travelling from Amsterdam. I'll be coming from the south of The Netherlands so on specifics I don't have much to say. From the trainstation there were shuttlebusses last year. They brought you from the station to the campsite, which lays directly next to the festival site. There are multiple campsite (1-7). Campsite 1-4 require that you pass a 'stairway to hell' with all your stuff. It's a bridge across the road and quite steep. It can be very tough when it's really warm. We decided to go for camping 5 and just walk 2 or 3 minutes extra each day, but without the luggage. We still were at the festivalsite within 10 minutes, maybe even within 5.

The festivalsite contains three sites. One with main tent Bravo, one with Heineken and one with Alpha. I found the distance between Bravo and Alpha quite big, although it's nothing to shocking. 

6 hours ago, neontiger8 said:

I would definitely recommend it. The atmosphere at Lowlands is amazing! It's one of the more important reasons I'll be back this year. One of the reasons is that there is much more than music. They also have theater, comedy, a science program and much more. Most of it is in Dutch if I remember correctly. If you don't speak the language, I don't know how relevant it is.

When you enter the festivalsite they do check on alcohol or other drinks you take inside. On campsite however, almost everything is allowed as far as I know. 

Public transport is great in my opinion, but my advice won't be of much use. As you're from Ireland I guess you'll be travelling from Amsterdam. I'll be coming from the south of The Netherlands so on specifics I don't have much to say. From the trainstation there were shuttlebusses last year. They brought you from the station to the campsite, which lays directly next to the festival site. There are multiple campsite (1-7). Campsite 1-4 require that you pass a 'stairway to hell' with all your stuff. It's a bridge across the road and quite steep. It can be very tough when it's really warm. We decided to go for camping 5 and just walk 2 or 3 minutes extra each day, but without the luggage. We still were at the festivalsite within 10 minutes, maybe even within 5.

The festivalsite contains three sites. One with main tent Bravo, one with Heineken and one with Alpha. I found the distance between Bravo and Alpha quite big, although it's nothing to shocking. 

Couldn't agree more. Especially about camping 5, but I'm an old git. It's the quitest campsite and closest to the parking lot. I'd rather walk the extra 5-10 minutes without luggage each day than once over that bridge with all my stuff, only to find yourself a bit closer to the festival site surrounded by loud youngsters... ;-)

1 hour ago, visdave34 said:

Oh, also might add: all shows are in tents, even the largest stage in in a tent (capacity of 14000 if I remember correctly). 

All in all: I would recommend this festival to everyone I know, because of atmosphere and diversity in music. 

Oh i forgot that one... I don't know about the capacity, but last year i only found it very crowded during Muse. Apart from them that's not something to worry about.

By the way, I'm one of the youngsters as well. ;)

Hi would anyone have any recommendations on the basic gllamcamp? For 2 people the 2person tent is all that's available now but it looks like a tight squeeze when the air mattresses are in it. travelling from Ireland and don't fancy bringing a tent with me so this seems like the next best affordable option or anyone have better advice? Also, are there showers near the basic gllamcamp site? Website only mentions showers with the deluxe options 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 07.06.2017 at 1:01 AM, JC-Mo'Fucka said:

is it logistically possible to get to Amsterdam airport for a 8.50am flight on the monday? So we'd realistically have to leave the site at 6.00am on a coach or train?

All the coach info is in dutch!

they say shuttle bus from festival to nearest train station starts about 9 am so you should consider other options