Had a little walk today.......

Dave_c

Where do people visiting the site park their car? Hopefully visiting this week with my son and don't want to be heading towards the farm without a location in mind Please? 

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

14 minutes ago, cortezuk said:

Where do people visiting the site park their car? Hopefully visiting this week with my son and don't want to be heading towards the farm without a location in mind Please? 

They've specifically asked people not to go now as they've started building the site so I would stay away. 

Im nearby this weekend and it's killing me not going but got to respect their wishes. 

Edit - Just seen the other replies. I'm going to stick with staying away because that's the most recent bit of info, but go with whatever you think. 

Edited by themuel

On 4/3/2017 at 0:59 PM, parsonjack said:

do you mean the 'Road Closed 10 - 15th April' signs that are on Cockmill Lane and over by the Pylle Rd/Pylle Lane junction?

They have appeared before also....always assumed they were to allow for fence deliveries/distribution...but perhaps not....

U ran down cockmill lane tonight on my way to the back of the stone circle and the Park etc. I can now confirm that the signs are there because they have dug across the road and are laying drainage pipes. The nice workman lifted his pipe and let me jump over the trench....fnar fnar

Edited by deebeedoobee

On 05/04/2017 at 2:59 PM, Perks said:

Ah blast. Planned to go Easter, did email last week and said I wanted to go Easter, here's the reply. Not sure what to do now seeing that reply above

image.jpeg

We went on Sunday and there were lots walking around the paths and a few cars/tractors around but nobody seemed bothered. Think you're ok at the moment still as long as you're respectful like the email says 

On 05/04/2017 at 2:59 PM, Perks said:

Ah blast. Planned to go Easter, did email last week and said I wanted to go Easter, here's the reply. Not sure what to do now seeing that reply above

image.jpeg

Could I have a copy of the attachment as well please? I'm hoping to go tomorrow!

37 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

We went on Sunday and there were lots walking around the paths and a few cars/tractors around but nobody seemed bothered. Think you're ok at the moment still as long as you're respectful like the email says 

Cool cheers, yeah we're going to go Sat anyway, as we have rooms booked. Take the email with us. Bet it was a lovely walk Sunday in that weather

13 minutes ago, alc1 said:

Could I have a copy of the attachment as well please? I'm hoping to go tomorrow!

Yeah, sure, but it's not great to be honest, more of an area map. Dm me your email, and I'll send it over. Can't seem to attach it to message.

On 09/04/2017 at 2:53 PM, cortezuk said:

When we visited the week before last, we drove into Mary's gate, then did a right just after you pull in and parked near a big red barn and some Caravans. There were a few people around and some tractor drivers who just smiled and waved. It's just a short walk down to the pyramid from there.

On 10/04/2017 at 6:40 PM, deebeedoobee said:

U ran down cockmill lane tonight on my way to the back of the stone circle and the Park etc. I can now confirm that the signs are there because they have dug across the road and are laying drainage pipes. The nice workman lifted his pipe and let me jump over the trench....fnar fnar

Lovely to see you both tother Dee girl.. Happy running xx

I went for a walk there today, expecting only to be able to skirt round the site using footpaths but didn't see any signs at all asking us to stay clear. A few folk were working around the site but they just smiled and waved as we passed. We were careful to only use the main tracks and to look out for site traffic but were able to walk the whole site.