Had a little walk today.......

Dave_c

33 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

Cheers @Michaels denim shorts, haven't got a bloody clue where that is! How have i missed that in 9 trips to the farm, know exactly where i'm dragging the family too on Wednesday the 21st June!  

PS i owe you an upvote tomorrow!

If you've ever left the acoustic stage or kids field you've probably walked through Williams green to get pretty much anywhere that isn't the theatre field. It has market stalls & catering down one side of it so it's easy to not look in green direction, which basically looks like ^ with 3 or 4 more tin bench things & - red tent / stage

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

If you've ever left the acoustic stage or kids field you've probably walked through Williams green to get pretty much anywhere that isn't the theatre field. It has market stalls & catering down one side of it so it's easy to not look in green direction, which basically looks like ^ with 3 or 4 more tin bench things & - red tent / stage

That's what makes it so weird to me that i don't ever remember seeing that pole / seating area, spent lots of short visits in WG and walked through it hundreds of times over the years as we have stayed mostly in CV East. Last year i even went there with some folks i met at the Pyramid and had a drink or 2. Mind i had the same issues last year with the beat hotel and its sign / steps, needed to make a bee line for that after another thread on here. I guess there really is so much to take in and remember - which is not easy when 50% of the time we are there we are pissed and the other 50% half hungover / on the way to getting pissed again:)

10 minutes ago, Michaels denim shorts said:

It's a shame there's none at Williams green on this, but still worth exploring if you haven't seen it 

http://virtualglastonbury.com/2015/

Cheers, i have seen that before and spent ages going through it, really useful, only just noticed though that the same people can be in the pics multiple times and sometimes just a few feet apart 

A similar wander around the site this morning.  Did notice a lot of gravel and larger chunks of hardcore (ooo, err) piled up and where it had been laid on some of the permanent paths.  Hoping they'll continue to work on them as some are very loose with quite large chunks.

Shangri-la was very squishy.

_DSC6366.jpg

_DSC6369.jpg

_DSC6372.jpg

_DSC6377.jpg

_DSC6379.jpg

_DSC6388.jpg

_DSC6408.jpg

_DSC6417.jpg

shangrila.JPG

Nice, photos, the farm looks perfect we can only hope for the lush green grass come June. I wish I could just go for a walk through the farm pre festival. I always have a few weeks holiday to take off work before April and i just waste them, may have to a week and pay a visit one year (my holidays run along the financial year).

1 hour ago, nodolphie said:

A similar wander around the site this morning.  Did notice a lot of gravel and larger chunks of hardcore (ooo, err) piled up and where it had been laid on some of the permanent paths.  Hoping they'll continue to work on them as some are very loose with quite large chunks.

Shangri-la was very squishy.

_DSC6366.jpg

_DSC6369.jpg

_DSC6372.jpg

_DSC6377.jpg

_DSC6379.jpg

_DSC6388.jpg

_DSC6408.jpg

_DSC6417.jpg

shangrila.JPG

Where is that last picture taken at, what is usually there? As can't place tbh 

I didn't venture down to Shangri La yesterday. The ground was quite squishy in a lot of places but it has been raining a bit of late so is to be expected. 

I got so excited yesterday that I have decided I am going for coach resale too because I just need to be there in June and if it means going by coach with half of what I would normally bring then so be it.

On 3/26/2017 at 9:02 AM, Dave_c said:

The site does look amazing, I couldnt  believe how well the ground has recovered.

I remember Eavis saying that he gets asked about how long it takes the ground to recover all the time, but he can't work out why, because it happens so quickly.

On 3/26/2017 at 0:53 PM, The other Bellboy said:

i'm pretty sure they don't build it in the same place every year though, good luck, hope you find it 

"Underground" piano bar has been in the same place for at least the last 4 festivals, but possibly longer. Would be a good idea to move it because the secret's well and truly out and who wants to stand in a long queue at Glasto?

11 minutes ago, budvar said:

"Underground" piano bar has been in the same place for at least the last 4 festivals, but possibly longer. Would be a good idea to move it because the secret's well and truly out and who wants to stand in a long queue at Glasto?

Think I remember it being there in 2009 - they've invested in infrastructure now!

13 minutes ago, budvar said:

Does it normally open on the Thursday? 

We were next to it on Sunday around 3ish but didn't see much going on. 

6 minutes ago, LSF said:

Does it normally open on the Thursday? 

We were next to it on Sunday around 3ish but didn't see much going on. 

Pretty sure it has been open on the Thursday night in the past, but fair to say they're not the most punctual bunch.

On 25/03/2017 at 11:07 PM, Dave_c said:

And ended up here....

Thanks for sharing the photos, it's got me all excited, hopefully the weather is similar come Festival time.:D

On 26/03/2017 at 1:12 PM, The other Bellboy said:

Cheers, i have seen that before and spent ages going through it, really useful, only just noticed though that the same people can be in the pics multiple times and sometimes just a few feet apart 

There's plenty of glitches in the matrix like this and this, even though I created it I still find new glitches and duplicate people every time I look. I'll be there again this year but after my "slap on the wrist" for creating Virtual Glastonbury I'm not sure there'll be a 2017 edition :( but never say never.

Edited by Scoopz

1 hour ago, mikehawk said:

Had a lovely little walk around today. I have a good idea how the fields recover so well, there was a lot of muck being spread around. I found it a little odd that I didn't see one cow the whole time though, are they kept in this time of year?

They stay in the mootel for most of the year. Outside for just a matter of weeks.......so sad to see