Re-sale tips

Smashers

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Try the coaches resale first. At this stage it's all about getting in and not being fussed about how to get there.

I have successfully got a coach resale ticket on my mobile phone whilst on my commute home, just basically refreshing for 30 minutes after leaving the office. I miraculously got through on the southbound platform at Redhill station. I think the 6pm start time catches a few people out as most try on the sunday in the general resale.

36 minutes ago, Smashers said:

We missed out on tickets in the general sale, anyone have any insider info on when the re-sale is likely to be? Have been to Glastonbury for the past 2 years and can't cope with not going this year. Any help would be SWEET!

Mash the F5 key and pray to whichever deity you see fit.

Edited by Hugh Jass

Well not entirely correct. They do give you the ticket on the bus. Or at the site if you miss the bus.

6 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Mash the F5 key and pray to whichever deity you see fit.

Indeed. Use whatever you can. Best thing to do is to strip naked, mash your hands, feet, face and your cock and balls onto the F5 key at serious pace. I'd advise to work up a semi so you can defos reach the F5 key. 

Edited by The Nal

5 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Indeed. Use whatever you can. Best thing to do is to strip naked, mash your hands, feet, face and your cock and balls onto the F5 key at serious pace.

Standard internet session really :lol:

Edited by JayBalls

9 minutes ago, The Nal said:

Well not entirely correct. They do give you the ticket on the bus. Or at the site if you miss the bus.

Indeed. Use whatever you can. Best thing to do is to strip naked, mash your hands, feet, face and your cock and balls onto the F5 key at serious pace. I'd advise to work up a semi so you can defos reach the F5 key. 

May be a bit difficult for Smashers who asked the original question

Get as many people helping as possible. I wrote a briefing to people explaining in clear terms what they needed to do, with all the info and step by step help. This was to ensure that they wouldn't need to call me in a panic. It may seem easy to us, but remember that not everyone is used to the process like we are so make sure they're clear!

And I agree with doubling your chances through coach resale too. Its a guaranteed winner!

EDIT: OK, not guaranteed but it helps your chances!

Edited by Joshuwarr

Just make sure you avoid those shitty multi-hit apps that "guarantee" you get through. Glaso servers are likely to recognise it and not let you through. Get a bunch of you together though - share the details of your registration numbers etc on an Excel sheet and share it around and co-ordinate on the day. Also, maybe stay at work late if you can get faster internet there - or go anywhere that's got faster wifi in general. Other than that, good luck and let us know if you get the golden tickets!

2 hours ago, Smashers said:

Thank you @Hotchilidog :) I'll defo try that!

I also wanted to try checkpage.co.uk to be alerted when the webpage selling re-sale tickets is live, but unsure what the URL is likely to be, is it just the Glastonbury seetickets page? 

i.e: http://glastonbury.seetickets.com/content/extras

Any of you know? 

There's no need to set up a page checker just yet. The resale will be announced and there won't be one before that date. It's only if you fail in the resale that you're in the last chance salon of the unannounced sale. I'd recommend Neil's checkpage. It was very quick last year and it will text your as well as email. I'd also recommend leaving a booking page open with your details already filled in - last year's sale was counted in seconds rather than minutes.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/3/2017 at 2:24 PM, musky said:

I'd also recommend leaving a booking page open with your details already filled in - last year's sale was counted in seconds rather than minutes.

Starting to get some chronic resale fear and it's still two weeks away...and I have a ticket, so the fear is purely for my three friends. I've seen a couple of people say about leaving a booking page open with your details filled in, but being the opposite of what could be considered a techie, I'm sure I get that. Don't you have to have got through before you get to a booking page? How would one get one up before they'd got through? Thanks!

6 minutes ago, James96 said:

This might sound daft but when people say about getting someone to help get you a ticket, how does that work if you don't live with them and say you're doing a random person online. Because surely you need their bank card to pay for the transaction?  

I think they mean get a trusted friends or family to try on their computers for you, so they'd have you reg number, postcode and card details

40 minutes ago, Sasperella said:

Starting to get some chronic resale fear and it's still two weeks away...and I have a ticket, so the fear is purely for my three friends. I've seen a couple of people say about leaving a booking page open with your details filled in, but being the opposite of what could be considered a techie, I'm sure I get that. Don't you have to have got through before you get to a booking page? How would one get one up before they'd got through? Thanks!

It wouldn't really help, so there's no need to do it! There's no secret technique or trick to guarantee success in the time frame that the tickets will be on sale for- last year they sold out in the resale in 14mins for the coach, 20mins for the general, so it's not worth faffing about trying anything fancy.

I would say, keep it simple, just have 2 or 3 different browsers open, one window a piece and keep refreshing one of them, and leaving the other to automatically refresh with the timer. Use the third as an emergency option, or for variety purposes if you aren't getting anywhere with the other. Some years one of my browsers seems to get through more easily than the others, or at least loads up the waiting page quicker.

Be careful though- once in a while, for some reason you can end up just refreshing the holding page loop (so it's not actually trying to connect you)- so be vigilant, as refreshing that would be futile. I don't know how it happens but it's happened to be me once or twice the past few years, and if in doubt just manually type in the glastonbury.seetickets.com again

Edited by Mr.Tease

I have 2 questions, if anyone can help:

1) If you're just getting the white page of doom and can't even get the holding page, and it takes  quite a few seconds for the loading bar to complete, do you have to wait until the page has fully loaded before refreshing, or is it better to just mash F5 (basically if its taking ages does that mean it definitely won't load up the reg details screen?

2) And also if you get through to the reg details screen, and all goes well, then you're through to the payment screen, then you input your card details but when you submit it times out, is it better to refresh, or should you press go back and then resubmit? I can never remember which I do!

22 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

It wouldn't really help, so there's no need to do it! There's no secret technique or trick to guarantee success in the time frame that the tickets will be on sale for- last year they sold out in the resale in 14mins for the coach, 20mins for the general, so it's not worth faffing about trying anything fancy.

I would say, keep it simple, just have 2 or 3 different browsers open, one window a piece and keep refreshing one of them, and leaving the other to automatically refresh with the timer. Use the third as an emergency option, or for variety purposes if you aren't getting anywhere with the other. Some years one of my browsers seems to get through more easily than the others, or at least loads up the waiting page quicker.

Be careful though- once in a while, for some reason you can end up just refreshing the holding page loop (so it's not actually trying to connect you)- so be vigilant, as refreshing that would be futile. I don't know how it happens but it's happened to be me once or twice the past few years, and if in doubt just manually type in the glastonbury.seetickets.com again

And either use one of those plug ins that gives you shortcuts to the text you need to enter or a text file with them in, so if you get a page you can avoid mistakes and shave some seconds. 

Any helpers are a blessing, if they're elsewhere and have a tablet to try too that also seems great some years.