Tent recommendations?

MetaKate

I'm looking for a new tent for this year for 2 people...last year we had a 3 person tent without much head space and crouching to get in and out got really old really quick. I'm hoping to get something reliable under £100 with some standing space. Also, the lighter the better! Any recommendations? 

Get one off the ebay and use it as your Festival tent take it home but whilst you're doing that take another tent that some rich twats have left... Make sure it's a bigger one and hey presto you have a festival tent and a proper camping tent AND you've helped clean up some shit that lazy twats leave hence helping the farm.. 

Everyone's a winner 

Just got a new 6 man North Gear tent off Amazon for £100. Had a couple of North Gear tents and always been fairly reliable. 

Whatever tent you go for though i'd recommend getting waterproofing spray just as a precaution, works a treat. Not that it's going to rain this year right enough!

3 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Get one off the ebay and use it as your Festival tent take it home but whilst you're doing that take another tent that some rich twats have left... Make sure it's a bigger one and hey presto you have a festival tent and a proper camping tent AND you've helped clean up some shit that lazy twats leave hence helping the farm.. 

Everyone's a winner 

I've read this a couple times, I'm volunteering this year and already have a tent but do people really leave huge tents behind? how do you go about taking one? do you just look around it and inside to see if people are there?

I wouldn't mind taking one even if I get home and just resell it (Recycled) 

50 minutes ago, Cnr_22 said:

I've read this a couple times, I'm volunteering this year and already have a tent but do people really leave huge tents behind? how do you go about taking one? do you just look around it and inside to see if people are there?

Yes they do really leave great big tents behind but you need to make sure they have actually left and that they haven't gone and shat in it or some such. You probably wont have the bag either so you need to think about how you would fold it up and get it back to the car but otherwise it's all good.

8 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

Everyone's a winner 

Not rich twats, just twats. You don't have to be rich to be a twat.

great idea though, just be careful to check it's definitely an abandoned tent and hasn't had a 'present' left inside.

OK just twats lol

We used to take home 4or 5 tents every year and then people would...... borrow...... I say that sarcastically.... Them through out the year lol.. Now we have a campervan we only take one maybe 2.but yea check in side you would be amazed what people leave including shit... 

Years ago when my kids were younger they used to love scavenging stuff. We used to stay till late Monday or even Tuesday and watch the traveller's come in and start clearing up.. I remember once my boy and I had started taking down this one tent that had been looking at us.. It was a really nice white and orange one nobody had been near it all Monday and as we were the only ones left we thought to help ourselves.. Anyway we had all the poles out ready to pull them out when something moved.. 

We both ran back to our place and waited until about 10 minutes later 2 heads popped out lol the tent had collapsed on them and you could see them thinking WTF. Lol.. 

But I mean NO ONE had moved all the time we were there lol all I can say is that they must of had one hell of a weekend.. 

16 hours ago, Cnr_22 said:

When I left last year there was definitely a bunch of tents it's just hard to know what ones you can take... unfortunately I'm flying in from Canada and taking the train back and forth from London so I am just hoping to have the one reliable tent! 

9 hours ago, guypjfreak said:

OK just twats lol

We used to take home 4or 5 tents every year and then people would...... borrow...... I say that sarcastically.... Them through out the year lol.. Now we have a campervan we only take one maybe 2.but yea check in side you would be amazed what people leave including shit... 

Years ago when my kids were younger they used to love scavenging stuff. We used to stay till late Monday or even Tuesday and watch the traveller's come in and start clearing up.. I remember once my boy and I had started taking down this one tent that had been looking at us.. It was a really nice white and orange one nobody had been near it all Monday and as we were the only ones left we thought to help ourselves.. Anyway we had all the poles out ready to pull them out when something moved.. 

We both ran back to our place and waited until about 10 minutes later 2 heads popped out lol the tent had collapsed on them and you could see them thinking WTF. Lol.. 

But I mean NO ONE had moved all the time we were there lol all I can say is that they must of had one hell of a weekend.. 

This is hilarious!  I've read another post where they said they woke up at 6pm on Monday and were the only tent left in their field.  I hope I have a night that good!