A Blaze of Feather - Ben Howard?

danbailey80

This band name has appeared on festival listings high up and no one knows who they are. Looks like it might something to do with Ben Howard. My guessing is iit has to have him in it otherwise no one would put them high up on the listings. They are on at Latitude around same time so surely very possible they are at G? Ben Howard's last album was incredible and nothing like the first, would love to see him there in some form.

http://www.nme.com/blogs/mysterious-band-appearing-festival-bills-blaze-feather-2025332

Edited by danbailey80

55 minutes ago, Chewie said:

According to the highly reliable source of reddit it's a pseudonym for a project with Ben Howard, Micky Smith and Nat Wason

they are playing a few festivals this year so it's possible they could make an appearance 

I think this seems the most likely. They've collaborated before as 'Corsaire' on the 'Spirit of Akasha' soundtrack. So prob expect more of the brooding soundscapes. I wouldn't be surprised if the live show incorporated visuals from Mickey.

• 1 month later...

When I heard it (was a poor quality kitchen radio) I was convinced it was him singing. Either way it's definitely a Ben Howard influenced tune, no mistaking. I'm hoping this is just a guise for him to play new stuff without the pressure of being 'Ben Howard' and having to play tracks like wolves etc.